The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Mike,

You wouldn't believe it unless you saw it - works 125 MZs, G5 MZs and the biggest shame was we couldn't call round to his mates and take a picture of a Honda works racer that the Dream 50 was based on...

When we eventually meet I'll take you round... Heaven... but you always knew it was in Yorkshire!

DM

Dave M said:
Mike,

You wouldn't believe it unless you saw it - works 125 MZs, G5 MZs and the biggest shame was we couldn't call round to his mates and take a picture of a Honda works racer that the Dream 50 was based on...

When we eventually meet I'll take you round... Heaven... but you always knew it was in Yorkshire!

DM

Now that sounds like a good day out.

A brace of Aces, the odd Dream and a CR110/RC110 8)

Are these little Ace bikes available for purchase? Im very interested in one... would be a great starter bike for my wife or kids

Luugo86 said:
Are these little Ace bikes available for purchase? Im very interested in one... would be a great starter bike for my wife or kids

Unfortunately I don't believe they're for sale in the US of A Luugo

Erskine said:
Big bore conversion takes about 30 mins and will make you smile like a cheshire cat :)

Conversion completed!

A straightforward job, but with a minor twist or two. Taking it out for a 140k shakedown on Thursday.

Crazy

My ACE!!!

Attachments

• 20131231_174535.jpg
    20131231_174535.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 244
Re: Re: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

joeylimzy said:
. wanted to remove the fork gators .. anyone knows whether is therer any con for removing it?
You have to remove the forks
to get the gators off, or you could cut the rubber off of you don't want to keep them

Sent from my GT-I9100

stroker crazy said:
Gaiters keep grit etc. out of the fork seals, so might be an advantage in dusty environments.

Crazy

mine have started ripping apart after 3500 km im going to have to take them off or get new ones :(

stroker crazy said:
Congratulations!

Don't know if you can it get where you are, but Holts Duplicolor DSH35 Mandarin Red is a reasonably close match.

Crazy

Thanks Crazy.

Wayne

joeylimzy said:
Stock colour is white .. wanted to remove the fork gators .. anyone knows whether is therer any con for removing it?

I cut them off, looks alot better without them. Just make sure to clean the forks regularly.

WOW!

I know it's only relative, but the improvement from the 150cc kit is impressive.

Halfway into the test run, looking south from Bald Hill:

item.JPG

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
WOW!

I know it's only relative, but the improvement from the 150cc kit is impressive.

Crazy

It's a 20% increase in capacity... gotta do something!

Where did you notice the gain most, low/mid/top?

ChrisBNE said:
It's a 20% increase in capacity... gotta do something!

20% + bigger valves + higher compression!

Mid-range acceleration has improved markedly, a bit early to tell how much more top-end.
Still running standard sprockets; it will be interesting to see what effect a 17t front has!

Crazy

im gutted guys! was getting excited bout getting one and building it myself but VICROADS are no longer letting people to rego them if they were put together by someone at home! they have to be prebuilt when you buy it!

What aload of crap! just read it in Motorcycle Trader mag...

Chronic said:
im gutted guys! was getting excited bout getting one and building it myself but VICROADS are no longer letting people to rego them if they were put together by someone at home! they have to be prebuilt when you buy it!

What aload of crap! just read it in Motorcycle Trader mag...

That's a shame, hope that doesn't happen up here in QLD!

Could you not get it roadworthied/complianced through a mechanic?

Back
Top Bottom