The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Motorcycle trader mag were going to build one and review it but thats what they have said! must be brought put together and on road thru a dealer!

stroker crazy said:
20% + bigger valves + higher compression!

Mid-range acceleration has improved markedly, a bit early to tell how much more top-end.
Still running standard sprockets; it will be interesting to see what effect a 17t front has!

Crazy

I have been running a +1 on the front sprocket and 150 kit for a while now an have forgotten about it. The ACE accelerates up steep hills with the larger sprocket. I do a lot of cruising in 80 kph zones and that is where, I feel the larger front sprocket comes in with the 150 kit.

I also believe the 150 kit is best mod, I have done to the ACE. Next would be grippy tyres.

I have just ordered a set of cheap mirrors from eBay. I thought I would try these before having to cut the grips to fit bar end mirrors. I can use these whilst I make up my mind. Only 57 days to wait.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131068340834?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Wayne

aren't the stock mirrors left and right hand threads ? these might not work if they are the same thread on both sides.

sprocket2cog said:
aren't the stock mirrors left and right hand threads ? these might not work if they are the same thread on both sides.

I don't have the bike yet, so I did not know this. They are only cheap, so I am not losing too much.

Wayne

The right hand mirror is indeed a yamaha inverse thread so it won't work if they are the same.

I tried 3 different mirrors pairs before finding the right one (the 4th pair). It was not an issue about the thread, they fit in but either were always too short and could see nothing but my arms/shoulder or were just made of flat glass and not of convex glass, which make them useless for me.
Most of the cheap mirrors sold on ebay are flat glass.

I then decided to buy some more expensive one: napoleon barend mirrors. They are like and as good as the original Halcyon.
Here is where I bought them: http://www.ironhorsespares.co.uk/Detail.aspx?productID=2

sprocket2cog said:

Alan Vega said:
I then decided to buy some more expensive one: napoleon barend mirrors. They are like and as good as the original Halcyon.
Here is where I bought them: http://www.ironhorsespares.co.uk/Detail.aspx?productID=2

Could you post a picture of the mirrors fitted to your Ace. As I do not have the bike yet, I am trying to get a list together of parts I want to replace and the mirrors will be first.

Wayne

Here you go.
I was relunctant first to go for bar end mirrors but after trying different standard mirrors (got a pair exactly as the one you ordered) with no success I settle on the barend mirrors.
Don't regret it. And it's nice when riding no to have the two mirrors in your field of view.

Attachments

• ACE_08.jpg
    ACE_08.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
  • ACE_04.jpg
    ACE_04.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 318
Thank you Alan, they look good. They are higher than the usual bar end mirrors and I like that.

Wayne

Alan Vega said:
Here you go.
I was relunctant first to go for bar end mirrors but after trying different standard mirrors (got a pair exactly as the one you ordered) with no success I settle on the barend mirrors.
Don't regret it. And it's nice when riding no to have the two mirrors in your field of view.

These look awesome! Will have to buy them as well. I have a similar shape classic stem mirrors, but the stems are too short and I can see only my forearms... Just wondering is it £24.50 for a pair or do I have to order two of them?

Cheers,

Thomas

cafe59 said:
These look awesome! Will have to buy them as well. I have a similar shape classic stem mirrors, but the stems are too short and I can see only my forearms... Just wondering is it £24.50 for a pair or do I have to order two of them?

Cheers,

Thomas

you have to order 2 of them but still it's fair priced for the quality.
Trust me I tried cheap mirrors and this is a part you should save your money, security is at hand.

Alan Vega said:
you have to order 2 of them but still it's fair priced for the quality.
Trust me I tried cheap mirrors and this is a part you should save your money, security is at hand.

Yes never save on brakes, tyres and mirrors ;-) Aren't these the same:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Napoleon-handlebar-bar-end-motorcycle-mirrors-pair-chrome-fits-7-8-bars-/111115072607?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19def9745f&vxp=mtr

Thanks Alan

Yes they are the same.
As long as they are Napoleon or Halcyon branded there are good.
I bought one pair of some triumph looking bar end mirrors of ebay that looks fine, like the halcyon and napoleon. Construction was ok but glass was flat :mad:
So don't take the chance if you want some of these type of mirrors.

cafe59 said:
Yes never save on brakes, tyres and mirrors ;-) Aren't these the same:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Napoleon-handlebar-bar-end-motorcycle-mirrors-pair-chrome-fits-7-8-bars-/111115072607?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19def9745f&vxp=mtr

Thanks Alan

Removed the rear fender and adjusted the placement of the lights

Think I'll end up replacing them all with a strip LED unit under the seat eventually.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    715.4 KB · Views: 292
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    715.6 KB · Views: 292
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 280
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 293
An absolutely perfect day for another run to Bald Hill!

I'm still not used to being able to accelerate uphill.

Spotted a lyre bird running through the bush, a first time for me on this stretch of road.

Apologies to our British cousins for the blue stuff in the background:

item.JPG

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
Apologies to our British cousins for the blue stuff in the background:
Crazy

Nah , thats fine Crazy we are not short of a bit of water ourselves at the moment ............. ;)

Good pic though ;D

Bojer said:
we are not short of a bit of water ourselves at the moment .............

You will have noticed the ocean is running downhill; that's because it has drained to your side of the planet!

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom