The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

musket the dog said:
... installed the stage 1 kit from OOracing. Jets changed in the carb too. Still looking at options for the exhaust but really happy with the pick up in performance so far, she warms up so much quicker and definitely gets through the gears quicker.

Hi musket ... that's inspiring to know, as I was thinking of doing the same. With the re-jet, was it a simple case of remove old, fit new or did you need to spend lots of time adjusting and re-adjusting to get it to run right ? Also, presuming the power gains are with the stock exhaust still on (incl. cat) or did you remove the cat and/or drill the hole in rear of stock ?

Cheers
Haz

musket the dog said:
Wondering if it was a factory thing or done by the distributors.

Nope - mine came with the full EGR kit (in Oz), but I didn't have a proper blanking plate, so I did a 5 cent fix (literally!) ... I sandwiched an Aussie 5 cent coin (yep!!) in between the EGR flange and the engine ... seemed to work !

But since I didn't re-jet my carb or play around with the exhaust, there was no perceptible difference, so I removed the 5 cent coin.

Oh the joys of cheap mods! hehe

Haz

Hazza00 said:
Hi musket ... that's inspiring to know, as I was thinking of doing the same. With the re-jet, was it a simple case of remove old, fit new or did you need to spend lots of time adjusting and re-adjusting to get it to run right ? Also, presuming the power gains are with the stock exhaust still on (incl. cat) or did you remove the cat and/or drill the hole in rear of stock ?

Cheers
Haz

Hi Haz,

Nope, just dropped the new one straight in and fired up on the kick start easier than it ever did before. To be honest as I was pushed for time and so happy with the improvement I didn't mess around with adjusting it. Runs great as it was, might have a look at it when I'm next at home.

Yep still with the stock exhaust in factory condition. Did like the look and reviews of Skyteam's own performance part but it doesn't seem to be available on their parts website any more.

Hi Haz,

Nope, just dropped the new one straight in and fired up on the kick start easier than it ever did before. To be honest as I was pushed for time and so happy with the improvement I didn't mess around with adjusting it. Runs great as it was, might have a look at it when I'm next at home.

Yep still with the stock exhaust in factory condition. Did like the look and reviews of Skyteam's own performance part but it doesn't seem to be available on their parts website any more.

Hey Musket, which carb did you end up going for?

Hey guys,

Would these shocks work on ours? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330mm-shock-absorbers-to-fit-SR400-SR500-etc-Cafe-Racer-Tracker-Bobber-/201033706849?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ece8aed61

ChrisBNE said:
Hey guys,

Would these shocks work on ours? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330mm-shock-absorbers-to-fit-SR400-SR500-etc-Cafe-Racer-Tracker-Bobber-/201033706849?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ece8aed61

I'm going to say probably, but i would find out if the are dampened before ordering, as they dont give you a lot of info on the ebay.

ACE125toy said:
I'm going to say probably, but i would find out if the are dampened before ordering, as they dont give you a lot of info on the ebay.

they're just down the road from me, so no big deal

stroker crazy said:
19-20mm diameter x 25mm long (3/4" x 1") and definitely solid.

They really improve the feel of the front end!

Crazy

Need to take off the front wheel or just the fork caps?

ChrisBNE said:
Need to take off the front wheel or just the fork caps?

Leave the front wheel on, you have the remove the top triple clamp fully off to get the the caps that hold the spring in.

Get the bike on a stand to take the weight off the front it will make the job easier.

Does the length of the bolt from the top of the bolt to the end of the bolt need to be 25mm or is it to the base of the lower nut?

funny thing happened, had a hipster run down the street to get a photo of the bike, got talking and he thought it was an old gilera , i told him it wasn't and went on to tell him the reason we cant get good bikes is because all the hipsters are buying them up at over inflated prices. should have seen the look on his face, he wasnt impressed, priceless ;)

I have spent a bit of time working on my Ace this week. Principally I have installed new instruments in an attempt to tidy up the front end and make the bike look a bit more 'sporty'! I sourced the tachometer and speedometer from China via Ebay and was quite impressed with the quality. They have dark faces and are attractively back lit with a blue light. The needles glow red when the lights are on. I fabricated a new bracket and located the original warning light cluster on it. I am pleased with the look and operation of the set up. I test rode the bike yesterday and the instruments work fine. I want to check the calibration of the speedo with my GPS, but it feels about right. Any thoughts or feedback?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.3 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 227
I like it, looks more sporty! Do the needles swing from left to right then left again when you first power up (like on a Ducati?).

Where did you tap the tacho input signal from ? (I also bought one from eBay, but hasn't arrived yet. Don't know where to wire it up from - I always thought you got a signal from the CDI unit?).

Haz

Glad you like my set up. The gauges don't swing right over when you power up. The don't move until they get an input. The tachometer is easy to connect: you have a live and earth connection and a wire that goes to the low tension connector on the coil. I wired the back lights to the pilot light on the headlamp as I did not want to cut into the loom under the tank.

Back
Top Bottom