FS: 1971 Honda CB450 café racer

nine16

There are many café racers out there. This one isn't just a fiberglass tank/tail and some upside-down handlebars. It debuted at the June, 2009 Chicago Mods vs Rockers show, winning Best Custom Café. It was featured on a full page of Café Racer Magazine (page 74, October/November 2009 issue) and it was selected for the 2014 Progressive International Motorcycle Show (Chicago). If you value real upgrades like aluminum rims, electronic ignition, and upgraded bearings and bushings throughout, then this is the café racer for you. There are 17,000 miles on the odometer but less than 300 on the bike since the complete rebuild. I'm in Logan, Utah, but may be able to help with delivery along I80 on the way to Chicago. $6,000

•Complete tear down, brackets and centerstand removed, seat loop and rearset mounts welded, then all powdercoated textured silver-grey.
•Steel tank and tail (BCR--custom to my specs) painted tuxedo black with white number plates and tank scallops outlined with silver stripes.
•Tail has an aluminum pan with a cutout for the license plate light. The tail light has a clear plastic bottom to illuminate the plate.
•Headlight bucket with internally mounted speedometer.
•Custom, genuine leather seat.
•BCR polished stainless custom "pea shooter" exhaust--very first set for the CB450.
•Freshly serviced CB500T motor--valves adjusted, carbs cleaned, new regulator/rectifier. Starts and runs great.
•New 32mm Mikuni carbs with individual K&N filters.
•Newtronic electronic ignition.
•Finned aftermarket stator and points (electronic ignition now) covers.
•POLISHED; cam, points, and other engine covers, front brake caliper, fork lowers, top triple (after grinding down the handlebar mounts), stock contol switches, and anything other aluminum I could find.
•Fully functional headlight, tail/brake light, and license plate illuminator. No turn signals--not required in most places, but the wiring is still intact and tucked under the tail and inside the headlight bucket. It will need a rear view mirror of your choosing.
•New Hagon shocks.
•Forks rebuilt with new upper fork tubes, fresh seals, preload spacers, aluminum stem nut, and custom fork caps with preload adjusters.
•New 18 inch aluminum rims and stainless spokes.
•Crossdrilled brake disc and braided stainless brake line.
•Bronze swingarm bushings.
•Tapered head bearings.
•New Shorai battery relocated under the tail.
•Electric starter was rebuilt. Kickstart lever has been removed since it interferes with the rearsets.
•Vortex aluminum clip-ons. I've got them mounted above the triple because I'm old and out of shape, but you can easily swap them underneath.
•Tarrozi rearsets.
•520 Chain conversion with custom aluminum rear sprocket.
•Hardware replaced with stainless wherever possible.

Two videos taken last week;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWU2GVzg2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD8UXgdyaBM

Back
Top Bottom