Isle of Man visit

cowboysculptor

Been Around the Block
Hey guys,

My wife and I are taking our first trip to the TT races, and we have everything arranged except the apparently impossible lodging. Hotels are obviously booked, b&b's aren't available, and campsites have a minimum of 4 nights! We're staying for one night on June 4th, and I'm wondering if any body knows some options for us. I'm more adventurous than my wife when it comes to sleeping arrangements, but at this point I think she might agree to anything that isn't a bus bench.

Thanks for any help,
Peter

Take a two person tent the smallest one Walmart sells and some cheap LED flashlights, walk to several locations and when you find a path into some brush... camp out for one night... wash in a restaurant the next morning with a nice breakfast...

One night never hurt anyone and I would sleep on a plie of pig shit to be at the TT :-\

Right?! It's a credit to my wife that she's willing to do this trip. Worst case scenario, she enjoys a nice day to herself in Belfast while I go to the races and sleep in a pile of pig shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be a stupid suggestion. Way back in the 70s I went to the Island every year for the TT. I never had a problem finding accommodation. But I do remember those that had problems finding accommodation contacting the IoM tourist board. They are very good at finding somewhere to stay. Give them a shout.

It couldn't hurt to contact them, it's not a bad idea. I'll make it work, whatever happens. I'm stoked about this, I'm sick of trying to see the races on crappy unauthorized web sites, which is about the only way I've found. I'll only have a day, but who cares, it'll be s great day!

Well, when Hailwood announced his comeback to the Island in 1977 about 50,000 more people wanted to get to the Island. The tourist board appealed to residents willing to rent out a room. Anything to accommodate the visitors. Google IoM tourism and you'll be sorted in nothing flat.

http://www.visitisleofman.com/accommodation/homestay.xml

http://www.iomttbreaks.com/

Try either of those. I'm going later in the year for the Classic TT, but am taking my truck over and that's my digs for the week.

If you're arriving as a foot passenger, try not to get a place too far away from where the best action is!

Thanks for the links. I searched through them pretty thoroughly, but everybody's all booked up. My wife is warming up to the idea of a tent.

How expensive is the four day camping reservation? If it's not too out of line, just book the four day gig and stay the one night.

Actually the camping is nightly, and it's only £20 per night. Completely worth it for one night without indoor plumbing, and the wife is now completely in. Time to look for a tent that fits in my suitcase!

cowboysculptor said:
Time to look for a tent that fits in my suitcase!

Just head to walmart and get the little one, it's 7' X 4' on the ground and has a small fly with doormat... fits in a Harley stock bag it will fit a suitcase.

good luck and have fun

one point though, why bother buying a tent and stuff and carrying it all the way there? just buy it when you get to the UK/Ireland and leave it there when you leave, it'll still be cheap enough and saves the hassle of carrying

have a pint for me, cheers

Tents tend to cost a fortune in the UK. My sister lived there and when she came home to vivist her boyfriend and her bought a tent, sleeping bags and mountain bikes all for 1/4 of he cost in UK and mailed them home.

Back
Top Bottom