was a rupp roadster, now i dont know what to call it

Re: Rupp Roadster. I think I'm to big for this

yup...they didnt have cool enough parents to let them have fun..I would be sure to ride by his house often !!

1fasgsxr said:
yup...they didnt have cool enough parents to let them have fun..I would be sure to ride by his house often !!

Pull-up to him w/ a smile next time and ask if he'd like to take it for a ride..

hurco550 said:
Took the mini bike for a spin this afternoon, and a crotchety old guy down the road felt he needed to yell at me for riding it on the road. That's when I decided to be "that guy" in the neighborhood that makes a strait pipe for it so he really knows when I'm out and about lol
This is why I love this forum. FTW.

grcamna5 said:
Pull-up to him w/ a smile next time and ask if he'd like to take it for a ride..
Ha I'll try that lol the thing is I want being an idiot or anything about it, just putting around

I boot around the neighborhood in my little 90cc pit bike and often wonder when that crotchety old man is going to scream at me. One lady stopped and stared so I pulled up and asked if she wanted to for a ride and she just chuckled.

Any of these little bikes are just silly fun and hard to NOT enjoy.

Summer is here and in off work for about 10 weeks (pretty cool being a teacher) I need to fabricate something. I'm revisiting my custom frame. I think I'll just go ahead and go for it. Picked up these forks of unknown origin at Glens surplus today. They should work well.
fdb71c206ce54e884e59822abfe5a525.jpg

I'm going to go with d.o.m. tubing for my hardtail as well. Should look less bulky than my original design.
7ecce410165920d8d4ffcb3f5a66ff62.jpg

Not a huge update, but I spent some time on the lathe today and made up a neck tube to run tapered bearings.
e71bee96a467bb5c133b7aa30bc9a93e.jpg

f61db88420142878f255003505027103.jpg

Also whipped up a front axle
be1032c822b74dd9101f7a343f3d432f.jpg

d77a128b3c169433b38e6517c34ef469.jpg

955c51e28b61384b0c3a531a2dc9d2f0.jpg

Finishing up some cad drawings so I can get the parts waterjet cut here soon and keep this thing going

Did I mention I hate you. This makes me want to spend money on a little bugger. But I can't "whip" up parts on my lathe...I'm too impatient and make ugly things on the lathe. ::)

Whatever happened with that wood frame minibike project? I need more of that in my life. I love my rupp and its scary as shit going 55 with a beefed of predator. So much power in those motors.

JSJamboree said:
Whatever happened with that wood frame minibike project? I need more of that in my life. I love my rupp and its scary as shit going 55 with a beefed of predator. So much power in those motors.
That will eventually be aluminum plate framed. It got back burnered for my rd350 project. Funny how they suck the life right out of all the other projects ha I have a feeling you know what I'm talking about

hurco550 said:
That will eventually be aluminum plate framed. It got back burnered for my rd350 project. Funny how they suck the life right out of all the other projects ha I have a feeling you know what I'm talking about

I assumed as much on both accounts, but.. I need more of that

I've been messing with getting the drawings finalized so I can get some parts waterjet cut here soon. This is more or less how it will end up.

d889fc40b112b762be7f274014c8a931.jpg

Misc gussets and such. This is what will actually be cut. (There will be multiples of some parts)
7be6fef646b4ac8bfdf79080924e8722.jpg

Also, found these at a surplus place not far from home real cheap. They are from a Baja mini bike. I guess I'm gonna have juice brakes after all.
7605097e0aa1953296d0f575522ffe46.jpg

8d0b6230b8238a9113623aa686e0cee5.jpg

I'm def interested to see what the final mini bike looks like, this is rad.

Ha, how have I not been getting updates on this. nice.

I love this project :) MOAR UPDATES!!!! Not that you don't have any other motorbikes to work on.....heh.

MotorbikeBruno said:
I love this project :) MOAR UPDATES!!!! Not that you don't have any other motorbikes to work on.....heh.
Only one little update. Rear end tubing bent up. 1" d.o.m. .125" wall.
a1b1475b1e5ecb74669948733a9bbb51.jpg

DOM, whoah. This is destined for speed trials.

irk said:
DOM, whoah. This is destined for speed trials.

I really may see how it turns out, but I may throw a plate on it and see if she makes it from jenn and e's to Hendersonville this spring. I don't think with the right gearing 55 mph will be out of reach ;)

also, we just happened to have some DOM laying around, so that's what it be...

hurco550 said:
I may throw a plate on it and see if she makes it from jenn and e's to Hendersonville this spring.

Please make this happen. I want to be in on that ride.

irk said:
Please make this happen. I want to be in on that ride.

ha, we will need a "slow group", especially in the mountains. Hopefully the cops would turn a lot of blind eyes as far as that goes

Back
Top Bottom