What did you build this week?

pidjones said:
Nice stand. Is the extra peg a place for a lever to help lift?

The hub on the bike is way wider on the chain side. It's there to stabilize the tire on the chain side of the hub. The tire almost touches the upright on the non-chain side so peg needed there.

It might be a while to get a video but the process of putting it in stand is to hold the bike upright, slip the U brackets under the rear axle with the stand at an angle and roll back. Honestly, it's a bit of circus but I can do myself. This stand wasn't made to be practical, I use one of those roll in wheel chocks for everyday use. This one is made to look nice for shows :)

Since there are quite a few members here that are woodworkers I thought I would share my latest project. Shitload of time in the design and fabrication of these

Attachments

• wavechair11.jpg
    wavechair11.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 192
  • wavechair8.jpg
    wavechair8.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 196
  • wavechair12.jpg
    wavechair12.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 196
  • wavechair15.jpg
    wavechair15.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 194
  • wavechair3.jpg
    wavechair3.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 191
  • wavechair16.jpg
    wavechair16.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 194
doc_rot said:
Since there are quite a few members here that are woodworkers I thought I would share my latest project. Shitload of time in the design and fabrication of these

Those are gorgeous. I love the joins on the corner. Walnut?

thanks guys. The production finals are walnut. It was a challenging project for me because the whole thing was cut on a CNC router. lots of testing to get everything just right

Attachments

• wavechair1.jpg
    wavechair1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 198
  • wavechair6.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 194
Back
Top Bottom