Could go this way ...

Cafe-XV750

Been Around the Block
My XV750 would be easier to bobber than to cafe - not sure I'm a fan though. Still might consider it ...

If I did, this guys came out nice ... says he spent a total of $450 including the bike purchase!
t_7_104.jpg

t_6.jpg

t_x.jpg

He's somewhat local to me too.

i say bobber it. but find some spokes at a salvage or ebay. never was a fan of them wheels. looks fun none the less

I always thought that a virago looks amazing as a bobber..
Id go for front spokes, and blacked out rear rim.
YOu can still lower the front end a bit and slap on a set of drag bars!!..

locO leoN said:
I always thought that a virago looks amazing as a bobber..
Id go for front spokes, and blacked out rear rim.
YOu can still lower the front end a bit and slap on a set of drag bars!!..
+1 ;D
I think a lower front end would help the look and a set of drags would finish it off. The guy has one heck of a nice ride for $450. Way easier to bob than cafe.

Perhaps ... will think about it as I plan out my cafe subframe/seat. The clubmans are the only thing cafe with it at the moment (as the back end is all torn apart for cleaning/paint) - they came off of my T500 which is definitely the better cafe bike.

The XV gauges will 'work' for a cafe (when lowered), but IMO are too bulky and in the wrong location for a bobber - I like what this guy did with his.

I'm not a fan of the 19" front wheel - as-is or spoked ... but I will say that the twisted spoke cast wheel looks a lot better when blacked out.

The exhaust on my XV is a loud-as-hell aftermarket that is more bobber - hard to make a V-twin sound like a cafe.

I think mounting it behind like he did really cleans up the trees. What I like even better is mounting a small aftermarket speedo down along the tank somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom