Plunger Frame

British Cycle Supply has a Triumph plunger frame in their PDF catalogue. Available for other motors upon request. Download it and take a look.

http://www.britishcycle.com/default.htm

thewingdpiston said:
I had an idea floating in my head a while back...just no time to execute. You know the older spring forks with the exposed front springs? My thought was to build a hard-trail with a set of those on the lower section.

Find the right spot for the pivot point and Bob's Your Uncle! Plus, it wouldn't look all hanky like those fake hard-tail soft-tail conversion kits you see floating around with shocks.

Just a thought...

i've seen that before and it looks good. i'll see if i can find the pictures

DrJ said:
British Cycle Supply has a Triumph plunger frame in their PDF catalogue. Available for other motors upon request. Download it and take a look.

http://www.britishcycle.com/default.htm

Yeah, but with an Amen frame, you might stand a chance at a road-worthy bike. The Brit Cycle frames are likely non-titled. But then again, I don't know nuthin about titling custom frames.

Would be a good FAQ posting. DrJ - you're our resident go-to-guy for titling/licensing know-how... :) any ideas on getting a custom frame titled? I'm sure Noel could use some advice beyond stamping his one-off rigid XS650 frame with the serial number from a stock frame ;)

That Trump frame is likely a couple hundred times better quality than the old Amen Saviours ever were. Metallurgy and welding technology have come a long way since the 1970s.

I've owned a couple Amen CB frames, a rigid and a plunger. The tubing is spindly, there is a lot of flex to get used to. The welds are atrocious. Axle alignment marks are just a rough approximation of accurate. Motor mount holes drilled at an angle. Brittle plunger springs.

It cost as much to have them fixed as it did to buy them.

A late friend had a Kawi 900 in an Amen frame. The frame came apart at 60 mph, he did not make it.

Tim said:
Yeah, but with an Amen frame, you might stand a chance at a road-worthy bike. The Brit Cycle frames are likely non-titled. But then again, I don't know nuthin about titling custom frames.

Would be a good FAQ posting. DrJ - you're our resident go-to-guy for titling/licensing know-how... :) any ideas on getting a custom frame titled? I'm sure Noel could use some advice beyond stamping his one-off rigid XS650 frame with the serial number from a stock frame ;)

Best lead I have is the Whitby MTO on Brock. There's a notary on staff and the woman I've spoken to is very knowledgeable on this matter. She told me you can't get a frame alone or a collection of parts registered. It needs to be a complete built up bike with a log of all costs and receipts to be registered. The MTO requires a value placed on the bike for taxing. The Brit Cycle frames are unlikely titled but most likely would have a serial number stamped somewhere. That's good enough to get the ball rolling. After MTO creates a title for your custom built bike, insurance will be another matter. Bike needs an appraisal for insurance.

Back
Top Bottom