750 Engine

750Toys

I have a few Hondas and I have a 750 which refuse to chop up. Its too pretty!

I want a 750 that will do 150mph. So Im going to buy another 750, chop here and there and make minor mods.

Is there any place that sells crate 750 Engines that have been bored out to put out a significantly greater amount of HP than stock?

Cycle X sells complete hopped up engines, or at least they did. Getting to 150 will require some level of fairing and a load of cash. Should be an exciting project.

you'll be looking at (minimum) carbs, cams, valves and springs, big bore, stroker crank, exhaust, ignition, oil cooler, HD clutch and springs

a friend of mine built one here (Australia) and it took all of the above, ended up with about 1100cc, super smooth power and blistering topend

it cost him a fortune in parts but did most of the engineering himself, it looked completely stock apart from the carbs and exhaust

alternately you could go the supercharger/turbo route

either way you'd be best off finding a company that is willing to do the work and having an engine built for your needs, finding a çrate motor isn't likely these days, its all going to be custom (and seriously expensive)

you'll also need to look at full fairing (as mentioned above) to get through the air, decent wheels/tyres and suspension to put the power down, frame bracing to stop it tieing itself in knots and of course feckin' great big brakes

call kenny at cyclex

i recently did a set of carbs for a 910 cc he built and it pulled 120 hp easy

at 1100 cc he could do it

If you're buying another 750 to chop up here and there and mod, why not just utilize the motor that comes with and upgrade from there? You can get a significant performance increase over stock with a big bore kit, cam, and headwork and cut your costs significantly as far as the motor is concerned. A crate 750 from Cycle X (or anyone else) will not be budget friendly. Easier for you in the long run, just plug and play, but it will cost you.

coyote13 said:
If you're buying another 750 to chop up here and there and mod, why not just utilize the motor that comes with and upgrade from there? You can get a significant performance increase over stock with a big bore kit, cam, and headwork and cut your costs significantly as far as the motor is concerned. A crate 750 from Cycle X (or anyone else) will not be budget friendly. Easier for you in the long run, just plug and play, but it will cost you.

I think Im going to do exactly what you suggest. How much more power will a big bore kit give me?

Depends on a lot of factors, displacement, compression, intake setup, exhaust, etc. but ~95-100 is feasible even on a budget, if you do it right

For what it's worth, I picked up a cheapo set of eBay pistons to get to 836cc, planned on some mild head work (easy to make improvements here), a mild Webcam, 4 into 1, electronic ignition, on stock carbs (properly jetted and tuned of course) and I'm pretty sure I could hit about 95 hp when it's all said and done. You'll need to improve a few ancillary parts as well to retain/improve the longevity of your engine with the increased output. Heavy duty studs, a new cam chain and tensioner, full gasket kit are generally recommended items, even on a budget. Do it right or do it twice!

coyote13 said:
Depends on a lot of factors, displacement, compression, intake setup, exhaust, etc. but ~95-100 is feasible even on a budget, if you do it right

This encouraging. i had a Ducati douche here in NYC lecture me about how one of my bikes is "a bike he would buy for his wife." He completely annihilated me on the highway and wasnt very nice when we reached the stoplight. I wish ppl would realize, they are not their possessions.

You guys are full of it. No one is getting 95-100hp out of a single cam honda on a budget. If you want that power and not have it be a grenade plan on spending at least 4-5 grand. They're are a lot of considerations when going for that kind of power. A well done 836 will get in the mid 80s for power and cost a pretty penny. 915 is about as small as you can go to get into the 90s. If you go turbo that's a whole different story but still expensive. Head over to the single cam honda forums and talk to the guys over there for real information.

I can relate to your encounter with that rider. 7 or 8 years ago I had a stop light conversation.
He was about 15 years my junior riding a Honda 919 naked bike. I was on my last KZ1000st before
it received a big bore and cams. His bike out performed mine. But that didn't really matter as later I
took comfort in knowing my ZRX1200R would do the same to him and his by a greater degree.
I despise arrogance and am willing to put it in it's place when opportunity presents itself. If you are
wanting to chase down that Ducati sport bike you will need a sport bike to do it. Or at least a street legal
drag bike. It's not just horse power, it's also aerodynamics. My ZRX does a little over 150 mph with a
quarter fairing and 130 hp at the tire. You have a long row to hoe if you want to accomplish your goal with
an air cooled 750. That being said I am going to throw in my 2 cents.

First you are going to need suspension and brakes. Revalved forks or swap for sport bike units. The shocks
will have to be adjustable also, like Ohlins and Works. And then it will have to be ridden and fine tuned
to the point that you can feel every bump and ripple without upsetting the chassis. You will also need
speed rated tires. The cruiser stuff will not cut it.

The easiest way to get the hp your after will be a turbo that blows thru the carbs. That involves CV carbs,
a fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump and some plumbing.

Good luck, you have a lot of reseach and work to do before next ridding season.

836 with anything in it excluding a 25hp wetshot crossing 100hp

i would like to see it

Here's 93hp. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLH-PdaefSs

CR750 HONDA RACING ENGINE
Engine built by M3 Racing (92-93 HP @ 9800 RPM)

Nova Close Ratio gear box (newest updated version)
Lightened/balanced/micro polished crank with oil hole mods.
Carrillo conecting rods with Kelmet racing beariings.
Special M3 slipper type cam chain tensioner/Tsubaki racing chain.
Special M3 racing pistons/rings, set at zero deck height.
Special M3 racing grind camshaft by Web Cam.
Lightened/polished rocker arms with special M3 adjustimng lock nuts.
KPMI springs/Ti retainers and Black Diamond valves.
Cylinder head Ported/flowed by Berreth Heads to M3 specs.
Special primary drive hub with M3 modifications.
Dyna ingition with OEM advancer.
Special top cover with top engine mount by M3 Racing.
CR special 31mm carbs.
Heavy duty racing clutch.
Heavy duty primary chains.
OEM oil pump modified to M3 Racing specs.

A BRIEF HISTORY

* Bike was constructed during winter of 1996-1997, in house here at M3 Racing factory in Northern Minnesota by Mark McGrew and M3 crew.
* 1997 Debuted at Deland FL in Dick Mann/Team Honda Racing livery.
* 1997 Mitch Boehm (Motorcyclist) gave bike first wins at Willow Springs CA.
* 1997 Riden by Japanese rider, Ken Nemoto (Riders Club magazine & ex Factory Honda racer) to Third place at AHRMA Willow Springs, CA event.
* 1997 Adam Popp....Finsihed Third in AHRMA F-750 Championship.
* 1998 Bike was re-painted in Honda factory GP colors, circa 1960′s. (silver fairing with yellow stripe, red tank, seat)
* 1998 Won AHRMA F750 Championship with perfect score 12 out of 12 race wins.
* 1998 Won both legs of AHRMA Team Challenge at Dayona.
* 1998 Bike was fastest Classic bike at Daytona (142 mph)
* 1998 AMA Superbike Champion, Reg Pridmore rides bike at Sears Point for Lap of Honor.
* 1998 Traveled to Mallory Park UK to compete in second half or AHRMA Team Challenge. Highest point scorer for US team.
* 1999 Adam Popp....Won Second AHRMA F-750 Championship.
* 1999 Established top speed record (155.556 mph) at Daytona for any Classic motorcycle.
* 1999 Travelled by invitation to the Dutch TT in Assen Holland, Circuit Van Drenth to race in Classic Team Challenge by Team Obsolete. during the 500 GP weekend. Fastest lap of meet, (DNS due to experimental engine problems)
* 2000 Won Daytona AHRMA F-750 event
* 2000 Fastest Classic bike at Dayona (150)
* 2000 Adam Popp....Third place in AHRMA F-750 Championship (attended only 4 events)
* 2000 Traveled by invitation to LInkoping Sweden to participate in the Jubileumsracet Festival. Finished 2nd place both days, after crashing on first lap of first practice and having to do major repairs on site.
* 2001 Won Daytona AHRMA F-750 race by 57 seconds and an AHRMA record.
* 2001 Established the Classic bike quickest lap record of 2:07 @ Daytona.
* 2001 Established quickest lap reacord of 1:56 for Classic Bikes at Brainerd International Raceway.
* 2001 Won the Classic bike race at Brainerd International Speedway.
* 2001 Traveled by invitation to the Historic Speed Festival at Silverstone England. Finished 5th place (highest American finish)
* 2002 AMA Grand National Champion, Gary Nixon finished second in AHRMA F-750 & Formula Vintage races.
* 2003 Gary Nixon finished third at AHRMA Formula Vintage race Daytona. (finished second, but jumped start and was penalized one place)
* 2004 Gary NIxon finished second at AHRMA F-750 race in Daytona.

Seems like a wilde idea... maybe just do your own thing and let go of the ninja on a Duc or get a Duc :eek:

Back
Top Bottom