ECTA Wilmington Mile

1fasgsxr

Over 1,000 Posts
Anyone planning on going to the ECTA event @ the Wilmington Mile the end of April ?
I know I have plans to go, its a fun time if you have never been to one. I have missed making it with my 350 but hopefully I can make the Sept. event.

Funny how 99.9% of the people on a 'racer' site don't race.....

Anywho, I was paid and in for this month, was going to be doing MPS/TG-400/4
I had to pull my registration since I had a 'sure thing' work transfer out of state. Well of course the transfer didn't happen, so now I'm on the wait list.

Most likely I'll do June and September.

I'd be there except I'm in SoCal. Too far to haul for a mile event. El Mirage is a little over a month away and fingers crossed Bonneville will run this year. Three miles of heaven.

https://youtu.be/r5EBHbk3Ito

wolfeman28 said:

Get over yourself. Several of the members here race in different ways. Landspeed, road racing, motocross, etc. Lots of others would love to but can't afford it, don't have the time, etc.

Really no need for the holier than thou attitude.

Now that said...

Best of luck to you (and the rest of the racers here) out on the track! DTT will be rooting for all of ya.

Hoofhearted said:
I'd be there except I'm in SoCal. Too far to haul for a mile event. El Mirage is a little over a month away and fingers crossed Bonneville will run this year. Three miles of heaven.

https://youtu.be/r5EBHbk3Ito

Hoof are you going to try for the mile race at the spaceport? That's not too far away from you is it?

VonYinzer said:
Get over yourself. Several of the members here race in different ways. Landspeed, road racing, motocross, etc. Lots of others would love to but can't afford it, don't have the time, etc.

Really no need for the holier than thou attitude.

Now that said...

Best of luck to you (and the rest of the racers here) out on the track! DTT will be rooting for all of ya.

Hoiler than thou attitude? I guess you are one of those that don't take internet sarcasm well. Guilty conscious maybe? :)

wolfeman28 said:
Hoof are you going to try for the mile race at the spaceport? That's not too far away from you is it?

Mojave is about three hours away. I've been there to crew for a friend and to have a look, The big problem to run there is my sidecar wheel is solid aluminum. I won't be allowed to run with it. And I've no desire to run the wheel on asphalt. I have another platform that I started to build to use a "normal" wheel. If Mojave starts to run on a regular basis I may finish it and try it. But in truth a mile doesn't fire me up. With Bonneville gearing I'd bust just getting into fourth when the lights would be there. Once you run three miles at Bonneville you can't really go back.

wolfeman28 said:
Hoiler than thou attitude? I guess you are one of those that don't take internet sarcasm well. Guilty conscious maybe? :)

Ignore me... Bad mood + the internet = idiot replies. Sorry to the OP.

I'll be there hopefully. Just a spectator this time though

Edit: nevermind, I'll be headed the wrong direction towards meltdown..

VonYinzer said:
Ignore me... Bad mood + the internet = idiot replies. Sorry to the OP.

You're such a dick.

IMG_0246.png

wolfeman28 said:

Anywho, I was paid and in for this month, was going to be doing MPS/TG-400/4
I had to pull my registration since I had a 'sure thing' work transfer out of state. Well of course the transfer didn't happen, so now I'm on the wait list.

Most likely I'll do June and September.
Going down the mile all by yourself hardly constitutes racing in my book. Go fast, yes. Racing , no.
I say that as a real racer and multi LSR record holding crew chief at B'ville, Ohio, and Maxton.

It's real racing Marc. Probably the toughest form of racing. You're racing on a record. In road racing or motocross and any form like that you can have a good ride finishing second, third or so. In LSR there is no second place. You do it or you don't. You could apply that thinking to the Isle of Man TT. You race against the clock there. But I don't think there is a person alive who would say they aren't racers. When you look down the salt and the starter give you the go sign you'll know you're racing.

Sorry hoofhearted, you can't argue with marc. In "his book" he is the tell all end all of everything ever. I know you have done more than many (possibly most) on this site, but in his book, he is supreme

Let me see if I go this right Hurco. This is racing,

But this isn't. Peter Williams (Arter Matchless) at the Isle of Man TT.

Not everyone running on the salt or the mile is out there trying to break records. They just want to see how fast they can go. Is that "racing"? If I go the grocery store as fast as I can, am I racing?

Back
Top Bottom