Spanky new work Ride...

Redbird

Dolor est Magister Optimus
DTT BOTM WINNER
utf-8BSU1BRzAzMTYuanBn.jpg

2011 Volvo VNL Daycab. She was assembled last month, and had 48 miles on her.

Nice, but those mirrors are no good. Get some bar-ends. And that widscreen is too tall. Where the hell are you supposed to bolt the reasets on? I dont know man, I think I would've asked for a 68 Bonneville... ;)

Volvos ride nicely, and that single axle will make city driving a breeze. That being said, I prefer classic styled highway tractors, W900 ect.. But who am I to judge, I havnt driven a rig since January..

I win!

Von... It's "Eclectic"! 6 mirrors like a scooterpunk, high fairing like a Bosozoku, forward controls like a chopper, exposed rear wheels like a bobber, turbocharged like a ricer, rollin' 22(.5)'s like a hoodrat, and it's got my cajun ass behind the wheel. I think I got all the bases covered :D

Pro, our D.C. had Volvos for a long time, but about a year ago switched leasing companies. When we went to Penske, they gave us Internationals. And not knocking International, but the trucks were got were ex-rentals and were raging pieces of shit. Long story short, after many, many maintenance issues (and Kelloggs/Keebler sorta threatening to go to Ryder instead) Penske steeped up with brand new tractors of our choice. And our DC manager went back with the Volvos. My only nit-pick is, the single axle is a little bouncy and sways a little when loaded lightly (compared to the dual axle tractors we had before) but it's a minor "problem". Otherwise it's a great little truck. That thing will turn so tightly that it'll almost pivot on the back wheel :D

Hap, I'll have to take a pic of the trailer for ya :D But after working there for 9 years, that feeling you're having now goes away pretty quickly ;)

LOL, I'm sure it does Redbird! Shoot i remember working for burger king when i was 16 and that was almost 11yrs ago and I still won't eat it if i have a choice.

Redbird said:
Von... It's "Eclectic"! 6 mirrors like a scooterpunk, high fairing like a Bosozoku, forward controls like a chopper, exposed rear wheels like a bobber, turbocharged like a ricer, rollin' 22(.5)'s like a hoodrat, and it's got my cajun ass behind the wheel. I think I got all the bases covered :D

Hahahaha! I diiiig it.

Just 'cause I found the pics...
My past work trucks. (minus the Ford single axle I was assigned first. I neglected to take a pic of it)
my_truckresize.jpg

Volvo4-24-06.jpg

Volvo11-2-07.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwNDQuanBn.jpg

All of them were "hand me downs". The one in the OP is the first brand new truck I've been issued. She had 42 miles on her :D

Oh dont get me wrong Im not Ra Ra international trucks, Im just a redneck who likes longnose trucks. My buddy owned a volvo he ran with Bison for a few years. His complaint was the body work inside and out was prone to falling apart and very expensive to replace. I drove a volvo occasionally with my first company and really liked the ride.

I drive a single axle Sterling. Piece of JUNK! They are re-vamping our fleet with loaded up Freightshakers. Much nicer than the Sterling, its no Peterbuilt 379 8)

haplo_84 said:
LOL, I'm sure it does Redbird! Shoot i remember working for burger king when i was 16 and that was almost 11yrs ago and I still won't eat it if i have a choice.

Ha! Me too.......I worked at BK in high school and haven't had anything from there for over 10 years. It's an ongoing joke with my wife.

My neighbors brother drives a truck that delivers Sun chips. I was working on her scooter and she brought over 2 grocery bags full of them as payment.

Cool truck Red!

Well, the short story is...
Kelloggs decided to cease all DSD (Direct Store Deliveries) in North America, thus putting myself (and approx. 4k other employees) out of a job.
So, after 15yrs, no more cookie truck.
The good news is, I landed at Bridgestone Americas, delivering tires.
This is the new Money Maker...
FullSizeRender_zpsukw1bs2i.jpg

2015 Kenworth T690.

Redbird said:
Well, the short story is...
Kelloggs decided to cease all DSD (Direct Store Deliveries) in North America, thus putting myself (and approx. 4k other employees) out of a job.
So, after 15yrs, no more cookie truck.
The good news is, I landed at Bridgestone Americas, delivering tires.
This is the new Money Maker...
FullSizeRender_zpsukw1bs2i.jpg

2015 Kenworth T690.

Well shit man. Glad you landed on your feet quickly!

I loved the Peterbilt flatnose I drove in college. My old man is a service manager for US Express. Their whole fleet of 4k trucks is International. I think he shares your sentiments on certain gens. He's much happier now that Navistar went back to Cummins engines. The MaxxForce, or whatever that engine is called, was a disaster

Thanks Mike :)
It took about 6 weeks to find what I wanted, and that was: home daily, mon-fri, and weekends/holidays off. Pay is comparable to what I was making, but my commute dropped from 50min to 15min. And... I'll get tires at cost. Gotta see if that includes motorcycle tires though :p

Erik, Internationals are like a Cheap Motel... no Ball Room ;) :p

I did about 10mos with Bridgestone before a much better opportunity presented itself. A little over a year and a half ago, I started hauling construction equipment for Blueline Rental. Driving both a Mack tractor/trailer and Straighttruck, as the situation dictated. This job is like Tonka Toys for Adults.
IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_4960.jpg

IMG_5082.jpg

The aerial equipment is fun too.
IMG_5038.jpg

Roughly 4mos into that, United Rentals bought out Blueline. So I've been hauling for them since, still jumping from the Mack Straight to an International T/T as needed.
(the Mack T/T was sold off not long after the buyout).
IMG_6707.jpg

IMG_6770.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

Well they finally got around to selling the Mack Straight, and gave me a spanky new '20 International HV613.
IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6915.jpg

She's got all manner of "bells and whistles", including rear facing cameras. One in the headache rack, facing the deck. And one under the deck by the hitch, that doubles as a back-up camera.
But the most fun part is the A26 engine. 500hp and 1750ft.lbs. torque. Fully loaded she'll run circles around that Mack empty.
I love my job :D

Back
Top Bottom