XS360 Bratstyle Replica- Codenamed: Sheeple II

a proper bratard needs passenger pegs for the lady hipsters to ride along. I mean this will be a chick magnet, no?

the bike didn't come with any, so I cut down these from a yamasomthing , cleaned up and pinned

fixed some exhaust header cracks

cleaned up the petcock.. I hate these vacuum units- but with some suckie/blowie tests, looks good !

cleaned up the fuel cap. The gasket was long gone. If anyone has a good spare gasket for cheap, please let me know !

finally set the seat rails up with mounting holes, screws will go up from the bottom into the pan

made battery brackets from scrap angle

seat rails and battery box mounts painted and installed :

I had stripped the top / sides and sanded the tank for the "raw" bare metal look , however the underside was still very yellow. I threw a scuff at it and sprayed it aluminum.

I applied a Yammy stencil to each side, right over the dings and dents, so it will have a tone on tone "ghost logo" :

depending on the light and angle, it looks darker or lighter than the bare metal. sweet !

wiring again, since I had the bucket off to change the look and painted the ears I made

I needed something to trap and hold moisture to ensure the headers rot in a timely fashion... so this pipe wrap should do the job !! It's light brownish.. but does not photopic well

chocolate flavored grips

Final checks, adjustments and tweaks. Took it for some shake-down rides with low fuel in the tank . Just need to get that fuel cap gasket from mikesxs and I will ride it everywhere for a week to make sure there are no niggles.

Then it's off to the hipsters with it !

https://youtu.be/xzSo-G9Cet8

In the listing, I'm going to offer -

" may also take partial trade on your junky piece of shit bike that doesn't run " ;)

threw it up for $3400.. already sold

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/5023347818.html

3400 thats good :D it was a refreshing departure from the usual rice burner jap crap americanised brat build

thanks... guess what I found. Yep, another XS360, this one was used as a theater stage prop . The tank, covers and fenders were rattled black and the seat cover is fake, but it came with a box 'o stuff including the carbs, original bars, etc.

I guess I should build another douchetastic hipsterbait bratstyle replica and name it Sheeple IV

or maybe not ? ... but then again, why change the winning formula >? ;D

how it sits right now:

DSCN2070_zpsfbr5ec49.jpg

DeanJ said:
thanks... guess what I found. Yep, another XS360, this one was used as a theater stage prop . The tank, covers and fenders were rattled black and the seat cover is fake, but it came with a box 'o stuff including the carbs, original bars, etc.

I guess I should build another douchetastic hipsterbait bratstyle replica and name it Sheeple IV

or maybe not ? ... but then again, why change the winning formula >? ;D

how it sits right now:

DSCN2070_zpsfbr5ec49.jpg
"Hipsterbait" .... YASSSS

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom