TZ350E

teazer

Over 10,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
It is close to done after a complete tear down and rebuild to take it back to stock as close as possible to as it was manufactured in 1978. Not quick or cheap and not my first but hopefully the last one I need to build. I have three GT750 projects to get back to and race season starts in a few weeks.

DSCN6497_zpskqt3td8v.jpg

DSCN6456_zpsjqg68kt3.jpg

DSCN6471_zpsx89ifvmh.jpg

DSCN6466_zpsfwoxtvue.jpg

Man, that's a beauty Teazer!! 8) 8) 8) It looks too nice to flog on the track!! ;D

teazer said:
as close as possible to as it was manufactured in 1978.

Better than stock!

It was said (back in the day) that Yamaha only assembled the parts to make them easier to ship.

Crazy

Thanks guys. TZ's are such simple bikes to work on and parts are not cheap but many are still available. This one came together with parts from all over the world.

I built it for a guy in NY who had bought it from me in Australia but he vanished off the face of the earth a few months back so I'll try to sell it again. I like my race bikes to look good, but this one is much cleaner than I would normally race. I like to build race bikes that I don't mind if they get dirty or oily etc. It's a race bike and things do get dirty or scratched.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I can't afford to keep the bikes I build, and mentally I am always onto the next one before the current one is finished and I have a few in the pipeline that I want to complete, so this one will be looking for a new home as soon as I finish off a few minor details.

Beautiful bike, T,
Like the other comments, too pretty to race and looks a lot better than any TZ I saw on the track in the '70's and '80's - a credit to your mechanical skills and determination to get the bike "right".
The only thing you need to do is move the thread to the Race board.
Thanks for the memories.
Pat

pacomotorstuff said:
Beautiful bike, T,
Like the other comments, too pretty to race and looks a lot better than any TZ I saw on the track in the '70's and '80's - a credit to your mechanical skills and determination to get the bike "right".
The only thing you need to do is move the thread to the Race board.
Thanks for the memories.
Pat

Thanks Pat - There's a RACE thread? Who knew. How do I move a thread?

Nice job. Out of curiosity when did the ama enforce production rules in roadracing? I know it was mid to late 80's on the motocross side.

For road racing it must have been into the nineties - maybe 2000 when they killed off the GP 125 and 250 classes and Formula 1 etc. GP has always been about prototypes with very few rules. AMA was so screwed up under Dingman that they sold the whole thing to the Daytona group and that was basically the end even of production based racing.

We wish Wayne Rainey the best of luck with his new series. Let's all hope he can build it back up again.

Thanks guys. Now imagine an RD looking like that with say an LC top end on it or Banshee/RZ motor. :)

For a large pile of green, it's yours :)

This is the 7th or 8th TZ/TD3 rebuilt I have been through. They all take time tacking down parts from all over the world.

teazer said:
For road racing it must have been into the nineties - maybe 2000 when they killed off the GP 125 and 250 classes and Formula 1 etc. GP has always been about prototypes with very few rules. AMA was so screwed up under Dingman that they sold the whole thing to the Daytona group and that was basically the end even of production based racing.

We wish Wayne Rainey the best of luck with his new series. Let's all hope he can build it back up again.

Ah yes the good ole AMA. A couple of weeks ago a guy that I went to school with got killed on a bike, doing about 90 in a 35 when someone pulled out in front of him. I told my wife that just maybe if they still built works bikes Joe Blow may have not had the opportunity to get on a 200hp motorcycle in the middle of town.

Back
Top Bottom