North Side 175 project - the Skunk is done

cortezthedog

Put this up on the in the intro section but I thought I would show some progress here. Not a whole lot done but I do have a nice holiday break to get some stuff done.

I made some brackets to mount the pipes and fiddled around with my rear sets yesterday.

100_0130.JPG

100_0131.JPG

100_0132.JPG

And a picture of my brother grinding something or another.

100_0103.JPG

Re: North Side 175 project

Lookin good man. I can't tell in the pic, but is that exhaust gonna be close to your foot? Just don't want any burnt rubber on that chrome.

You related to any Cortez's in Ellwood City? You remind me of a guy out here (another Cortez obviously)

Nice! Youve got a clean one!

That hump is a touch large though - Or is the picture?

Great stuff! Glad to see another pittsburgh 175 on here.

sweet bike trolley

how many 175 are on here building/recently done on here

tiger
curbcast
felix
big r
this one.

i might link em all up on my build for future 175er reference.

Don't forget about HotFunk's! And I can't remember if Mangtang has one done or just sitting around?

The peg is a little close to the exhaust. I'm not done with all the fiddling yet. The seat may be a bit too big but it looks good enough for me in person - I'm easy to please. No relation to any Cortez's. Cortez is my dog's name. Hotfunk's 175 is simply awesome and I've been paying close attention to all the great 175 builds on here lately.

I'm blushing...
Nice bike, looks to be in good nic. How do you find the angle of the rearsets when on the bike?
Lovels bike is a 175 as well.
a 175 would be great as BOTM dont you think (sorry shameless attempt to get some more votes) ;D

yeah hotfunks, how could I forget. Your so close in the votings. You gotta flog your molly to get more votes!

Diesel - the pea shooters are not original, got them off of ebay.

Cut out the rear fender.
DSC01029.JPG

First time welding anything - I made a little box to hold the battery and a little bracket thing to attach wires to the underside of the seat pan.
DSC01030.JPG

DSC01031.JPG

Finally, my brothers and I picked up a cl175 for our future brother-in-law, much to the chagrin of my sister.
DSC01032.JPG

175's are the ish. i'm not doing crazy mods to mine but will be next project. curbcast i'm always looking for other 175ers on here. a reference would be sweet.

Doing some good work on that bike man. Did you get that other 175 on Craigs? Looks familiar.

I'm gonnan agree with Chris - maybe someone should start a reference thread about the smaller cc Hondas. How about the 160's,175's, and 200's? Maybe even have a link to each build so we could just click on it!

Broke the bugger down today in preparation for the beautification process.

100_0145.JPG

It's hard for me to believe that the bike I was zipping around on this summer is now neatly bagged and sitting in a big tuperware container.

100_0144.JPG

Kinda fucks with your head, huh? If ya ever need a hand, i work in the Northside (Pennsylvania Ave, next to the P.O.) and always have some free time. Hit me up.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I live in the Mexican War Streets near the Mattress Factory. My bike, however, is currently residing in the North Hills. I'll hit you up once I get it back down where it belongs.

Are you replacing the swingarm shock bushings? I need to find a US source for them. Perhaps you have?

Back
Top Bottom