Feelings on Nighthawk 700S

redwillissuperman

Keep it simple- engine, wheels, bars
152e3e3fa85656ed5298796379d7295f.jpg

What kind of opinions are there on a 1984 Nighthawk CB700S?

It screams Tracker to me but maybe it's trans-alpine adventure bike.

love hate lol I like the styling a lot. Some parts are a pain to get. Oil runs through the frame which is cool i guess...unless that channel is filled with metal shavings from a rod bearing...Mine sounded great when it ran...other than the knock.

wahvtec said:
love hate lol I like the styling a lot. Some parts are a pain to get. Oil runs through the frame which is cool i guess...unless that channel is filled with metal shavings from a rod bearing...Mine sounded great when it ran...other than the knock.
Somebody ran yours out of oil before you bought it.

I know i'm just sour. I do like the riding position a lot. Hydraulic valve tappets, and shaft drive should make it hassle free. Only reason I'm continuing is that, the styling, and having tins with good paint.

JustinLonghorn said:
I love those bikes. Especially the HRC colored one:

DSCN6062.jpg

The colours are great on this one, but didn't you guys in the US get the 750 model??

Nope, the 700cc bikes were introduced in the US due to import taxes on anything over 750cc's. In September of 1982, Harley-Davidson petitioned the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) for relief from the importation of heavyweight motorcycles and power-train subassemblies.

Yes we actually did get them but as justin said the import tax caused most to avoid the higher cost of buying anything over 700cc during the tariff years. Main reason i am not a harley fan, if you cant swim dont stay in the water

known charging system issues with stator or rotor or reg so check it over carefully

also the were known to break the alternator/starter chain once in a while

and honda in fact did a switch up on it

big pisser though as you have to split the cases to fix it

I had one for a spell that I nursed back to life. Numerous electrical issues. I always loved the styling, but found the performance a bit bland. But I didn't really try to upgrade it though.

picture.php

Todd

This was my first brand new bike back in high school. I had a red one. Absolutely loved the bike but sold it when I went to college. I have been looking for a nice one to add to my collection. I remember I saved all my high school job money to buy a brand new Kerker four into one exhaust for it. Sounded awesome and was a blast to drive!

You should know that i have a soft spot for original cb1100f's though so im biased. I think he killed its soul, look at all the negative space

DohcBikes said:
You should know that i have a soft spot for original cb1100f's though so im biased. I think he killed its soul, look at all the negative space

I agree. Looks weird to me.

Back
Top Bottom