ECTA Wilmington Mile

I can't imagine going to Bonneville and not having intent to break a record. The same could be said of MotoGP and other forms of racing. The winner of any MotoGP race is going to come from six racers. The rest are, to be honest, grid fillers. Are they racers even though they have no chance of winning?

Hoofhearted said:
It's real racing Marc. Probably the toughest form of racing. You're racing on a record. In road racing or motocross and any form like that you can have a good ride finishing second, third or so. In LSR there is no second place. You do it or you don't. You could apply that thinking to the Isle of Man TT. You race against the clock there. But I don't think there is a person alive who would say they aren't racers. When you look down the salt and the starter give you the go sign you'll know you're racing.

Land speed is racing in the sense of the word (a contest of speed) for sure. All of the work it takes for those few short moments defines racing, not just the runs or laps.

There is no second place in MX, second place is the first looser. Once you leave Loretta's and you get that first pro point only one rider gets to run the #1 plate. Not much compares to MX's demand for fitness today... Many are equal in danger but the need for focus and timing to clear obsticles of any kind and to remember markers and to just fucking breathe takes serious mind control... Racing is living at the speed of light.

Hoofhearted said:
I can't imagine going to Bonneville and not having intent to break a record. The same could be said of MotoGP and other forms of racing. The winner of any MotoGP race is going to come from six racers. The rest are, to be honest, grid fillers. Are they racers even though they have no chance of winning?

YES! Hell fucking yes! All the way to last place.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Thanks.

I can agree with me that Mark is an idiot and Hoof is still my hero.
Or Mark just disagrees with everything that doesn't fit into his tiny little box.

I think all men are competitive by nature, so a simple task of mowing your yard becomes a race if the neighbor starts at the same time as you do....who will win ? We will "race" anything...

Marc can call it whatever he likes. I just mailed off my Bonneville entry for this year. And keeping the finger crossed that its on this year. I miss going to Bonneville to "not race".

Keep the shiny side up at bonneville hoof , we are all praying to our respectives for great salt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've been waiting to try the blower and see what happens. El Mirage in May will be its first outing.

A very rare incident took place today. The official Ichiban Moto sponsorship package arrived. I'm not sure what to say. I'm in uncharted territory. But I'd like to say a huge thanks to Ichiban for this. I'm used to racing on my own nickel and support is something new. And appreciated. Now I have to pray that the salt is good and Bonneville is on. For those who haven't been there this is a short video made by a French TV crew for a show over there. Its a pretty good overview of Bonneville. If you can suffer through the commercial and speak French its OK.

http://videos.tf1.fr/auto-moto/plein-phare-sur-la-speed-week-de-bonneville-2013-8248733.html

Back
Top Bottom