Suzuki TS185 Left Turn Build

Going on day number 16 on the Vermont title deal..
I called this morning, gave them my vin, and they said it isn't even in the system yet, yet he's saying their opening mail from the 25th today, so who knows.
The guy said to give it more time..
So I guess we will see.
I hate to be putting more and more money into this bike not knowing if I'll even be able to ride the thing.. But. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't personally seen any attempts of getting a registration fail. Odds are in your favor. Literally the only thing stopping you is if you sent the wrong dollar amount or if the bike was stolen.

1sttimer said:
I haven't personally seen any attempts of getting a registration fail. Odds are in your favor. Literally the only thing stopping you is if you sent the wrong dollar amount or if the bike was stolen.

I ran the vin on like 20 different sites and didn't get anything back bad, so I highly doubt it's stolen.

And I went like 30 bucks about value just to save myself time.
We'll just see.

Dropped the bike off at the welder today to get the frame loop done, and seat tabs welded on so I can start building my seat.

To keep me busy while its there, I was able to snag a 98' Suzuki DS80 for 40 bucks.. Kicks over but may need a rebuild.
To be determined.
None the less may throw street tires on it and make it a wheelie buck for shits and giggles, I've always wanted a stunted out crf50 so this could be my poor mans verison.

WTF!!! My wife handed me this just now LOL her comment "the packages are getting a little strange" Boxes do exist!

094d06f2933cf07623f9ce5f4cb84462.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Tune-A-Fish said:
WTF!!! My wife handed me this just now LOL her comment "the packages are getting a little strange" Boxes do exist!

094d06f2933cf07623f9ce5f4cb84462.jpg

I am DEAD HAHA
Yeah sorry about that!
Let me know when I need to Paypal you postage buddy!
I appreciate you!
I just need a half inch added.

I got you, I'll pop the stem out and heat it up tomorrow, I might have a fresh bearing seal also for going back together. I will get some picks of the process.

Done... fresh dust seal installed under bearing.

Don't use a chisel to pry up a race... Ever

ba304f6c90f442e36cbc3f1d00e08b67.jpg

56d23b7d3e9c6cc46f2e0f8026459ca8.jpg

7a5fc9bcd20fb3374158886000402490.jpg

35cf35644e9cc5cb41cface65ea55a03.jpg

7a76a00a31751046fe07991557829e21.jpg

9d8a4e42cefb0654fc2f3f8fc4febca6.jpg

3ca1e03b10f82e5414f511fda3ff21e4.jpg

Attachments

• Stem stretch.jpg
    Stem stretch.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 301
BTW... Those of you who may have just bought a welder from Habah Frait... Unless you have some welding training or at least have a lot of time rootin PLEASE don't hot glue gun your own steer stems.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Done... fresh dust seal installed under bearing.

Don't use a chisel to pry up a race... Ever

ba304f6c90f442e36cbc3f1d00e08b67.jpg

56d23b7d3e9c6cc46f2e0f8026459ca8.jpg

7a5fc9bcd20fb3374158886000402490.jpg

35cf35644e9cc5cb41cface65ea55a03.jpg

7a76a00a31751046fe07991557829e21.jpg

9d8a4e42cefb0654fc2f3f8fc4febca6.jpg

3ca1e03b10f82e5414f511fda3ff21e4.jpg

Very cool stuff.
PM me your Paypal address so I can get you reimbursed!

I thought that the stem on that triple should have been aluminum and then I spotted the steel sleeve that you photographed. So it looks like someone had pressed a steel sleeve and stem into that bottom triple clamp.

Nice work. My welding isn't too bad, but there is no way I'd trust my welding on that job.

teazer said:
I thought that the stem on that triple should have been aluminum and then I spotted the steel sleeve that you photographed. So it looks like someone had pressed a steel sleeve and stem into that bottom triple clamp.

Nice work. My welding isn't too bad, but there is no way I'd trust my welding on that job.

It's a YZ85 tree and stem so the steel sleeve in the tree is factory, I used a chunk off another stem, beveled all for full penetration and snug fit a dowel to hold it straight tack cool tack cool yada yada yada then pushed it back out. I feel good about it Just don't put the thing on a Busa :eek:

So I got my plates today, but I didn't get any stickers.
Do those come with the seperate registration letter?

1869722e2160c4a7204215e5d6dd9b51.jpg

So I'm a bit interested in this "Vermont" title and registration thing. Where can I learn more? Anybody care to elaborate a bit? Thanks. Oh and I'm following for the build as well

CaferacerMO said:
So I got my plates today, but I didn't get any stickers.
Do those come with the seperate registration letter?

1869722e2160c4a7204215e5d6dd9b51.jpg

Sticker comes with the the registration. Vermont will tell you you can ride without the sticker. I waited.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Yeah unless in vmnt don't ride without. I would surrender and get local paper on the spot
Yeah, I'm going to turn around and turn in the registration to try to get a MO title as soon as everything comes in.

CaferacerMO said:
Yeah, I'm going to turn around and turn in the registration to try to get a MO title as soon as everything comes in.

I actually chose to not do this. It has the date on the registration. If I were at the desk at the DMV I would ask why you JUST received a registration from Vermont and now want to transfer. In other words it looks like you just moved from VT, and JUST renewed in VT before you moved, which wouldn't make any sense for anyone to do.

1sttimer said:
I actually chose to not do this. It has the date on the registration. If I were at the desk at the DMV I would ask why you JUST received a registration from Vermont and now want to transfer. In other words it looks like you just moved from VT, and JUST renewed in VT before you moved, which wouldn't make any sense for anyone to do.

The DMV should not question anything unless it's illegal. loopholes are not illegal, they can do the "uh huh" look but unless they have a statute that prevents it they have no authority.

That said, maybe do the footwork to be sure it's not an offense.

Updates to come on the TS soon, finishing up the wiring this week and then will toss the wheels back on.

Once the wiring is done I will be able to finally take it for a test ride, then I will make the seat pan and start doing the foam work.

In the mean time I picked up a 2001 CR125 for 350 bucks.
Super clean, new tires, but is halfway put together and needs the top end and some gaskets put in it.
Mostly going through and fixing any of the PO's mistakes.
Mostly a laundry list of little things it needs (a gasket here and there, a bolt, fork seals, etc) should be a nice little woods bike.
bf34e09df9bd12046edd006cc1694b90.jpg

Back
Top Bottom