The Amalgam: honda past meets present, take 2! or 3?

External pumps are noisy, and can die earlier from heat. Having it in the tank keeps it cooler and quieter. And surge tanks are hard to mount without looking goofy. Plus this let him keep the factory regulator in the pump assembly.

I have an external pump in my EFI swapped triumph spitfire, on hot days you can hear the pump complain.

before he ships it back, have him add cross-over bungs.....otherwise you're only going to use half the tank if that with the in-tank pump.

jag767 said:
Thanks man, if Dime city ever gets back to me about when my muffler is going out I can finish it. Thanks to Ncologerojr my tank now has a fuel pump, all cleaned up, and ready to be lined, and body worked. I'll post more photos once it's here, but looks like he did a fantastic job!

Wow, I'd love to see more pics of that pump setup before it went in. I have the same dilema on one of my bikes. OEM's are outrageous if I can even find one.

focusinprogress said:
before he ships it back, have him add cross-over bungs.....otherwise you're only going to use half the tank if that with the in-tank pump.

Too late, its here.

canyoncarver said:
Wow, I'd love to see more pics of that pump setup before it went in. I have the same dilema on one of my bikes. OEM's are outrageous if I can even find one.

Ill take photos for you, its the factory pump for that motor.

Here it is on the bike

Attachments

• 20170821_162701.jpg
    20170821_162701.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 273
  • 20170821_162707.jpg
    20170821_162707.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 270
  • 20170821_162712.jpg
    20170821_162712.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 270
While waiting for the muffler I decided to strip the tank and start body working it. 1 coat of metal filler done, one more to go, then I'll use a glaze for the top coat. Man I forgot how much I like doing bodywork. Just watching all the imperfection go away is awesome. I'm going to fully bodywork the frame as well, really try to make it prettier.

Maybe it's the Ceriani-looking forks or maybe the big spaces in the frame but even though nothing on this bike is Italian, it reminds me of an Italian bike from the early 60's late 50's, very cool.

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Maybe it's the Ceriani-looking forks or maybe the big spaces in the frame but even though nothing on this bike is Italian, it reminds me of an Italian bike from the early 60's late 50's, very cool.

Thanks man. Those spaces are going to disappear pretty quick once I put the throttle bodies, intake, filters, radiator, and cover for the battery box on. It will still have that simple flowing look, but I wish it could stay like this. And yes that top clamp really looks like a beefier ceriani, and I don't think many people take the time to get every single casting mark out of the forks, makes a tremendous difference. Also a massive pain lol. I'm just excited fab work will be done in a couple more weeks, I started this a year and a half ago!

So this happened

Attachments

• IMG_20170824_154405_642.jpg
    IMG_20170824_154405_642.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_20170824_161104_212.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 251
Moved the bike and figured od get a bettwr photo.

Attachments

• 20170825_142130.jpg
    20170825_142130.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 262
Factory headers actually look great (as does your collector). When I see 500s on the street they always seem so discolored which really takes away from the shape. Keep up the good work!

Depends!
Are you talking about thin walled water pipe = no, probably crush when torquing axle up.
If you are going to machine out of billet, then why not use steel or aluminium?
Brass or aluminium would be a better choice if you are worried about steel rusting.

XS750AU said:
Depends!
Are you talking about thin walled water pipe = no, probably crush when torquing axle up.
If you are going to machine out of billet, then why not use steel or aluminium?
Brass or aluminium would be a better choice if you are worried about steel rusting.

Im talking about a billet yes. I looked up hardness and it seems to be about the same as aluminium. As for the why, well i wanted to cut all my spacers and washers for the bike out of copper for the look mainly. I am going to enter it into a ton of shows, and figured it to be a nice touch to habe a bunch of pokished copper accents on it.

Another alternative is to machine out of steel and then have them electroplated with copper. Standard process for chrome plating is to first coat with copper to get better adhesion, so you should be able to get copper plated very easily.
Just a thought for getting the best of both worlds.

Copper would look great, but how would you seal it?
Look how your house plumbing goes brown quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex jb said:
Copper would look great, but how would you seal it?
Look how your house plumbing goes brown quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little clear powder

Back
Top Bottom