"Bush League" 1966 HONDA 305 DREAM *Kiki*

Slice

Been Around the Block
So this is a long overdue post on a 1966 Honda 305 Dream that I (and many of my friends) have been working on...
Let me preface by saying that I dont know what I should classify this as, becuase what I have in mind for it doesnt really fit into any of the build categories, you guys can decide what it ends up being.

I have to thank Paul Dutra of www.dutracustoms.com for all his help with this so far, he did all welding and grinding for me.

This is the day I got my hands on it...
1.jpg

Here is after I swapped the seat out with a single seat I found.
2.jpg

This is when I had it on the road this past summer (The last known pre-break down photo of it)
3.jpg

Its just bits and pieces in my basement now...
6.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Post sandblasting at a place that polishes tombstones... The guy was awesome and charged me nothing.
8.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Some of the parts I picked up and ideas for the build..
17.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

16.jpg

27.jpg

15.jpg

All the electrical all tucked away in a box
18.jpg

Some modification to body and tank...
23.jpg

22.jpg

21.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

I will post updates going forward... the bike is in for paint now with Jeffe and the bits have all gone in for nickel plating.. Lots of stuff coming up!

-Slice

Re: Project - "Bush League" 1966 HONDA 305 DREAM

Man, that dream looks sweet my friend. Looked almost mint when you started! can't wait to see the end result.

Wow that's the first time I've seen one of the old stamped frames stripped down to nothing. Interesting. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Yeah there was a bit of bondo in the rear fender... Looks like a branch or something got stuck up there and put a nice dent on both sides, thats being taken care of now by my friend jeffe at his place. Dutra welded up a few of the holes (Rear turn signals and centre plate mount) that I decided to do without... But yea, it is pretty interesting to look at. I should have a few more items to publish towards next week or so.

hey birthday boy.... enough type'n and more polishing!! bahahaha...
looking good man..
I don't know when the internet is getting hooked up at the new place.. but, i'll try to make it over some eve next week.. shoot me a txt what night is good for you.
oh.. but then i might see you sunday too. lol

RustyOlive said:
hey birthday boy.... enough type'n and more polishing!! bahahaha...
looking good man..
I don't know when the internet is getting hooked up at the new place.. but, i'll try to make it over some eve next week.. shoot me a txt what night is good for you.
oh.. but then i might see you sunday too. lol

Hey bro,
Let me know when and I will pull up an extra chair to help me get all the shit off the motor... My fingers are raw and my nails are completly black from the steel wool... For sure man, I will connect with you for sunday @ the swap meet.

-Slice

I have some surgical gloves that will help the black hands dude.. want some? LOL

Rusty - Im am good on the latex gloves... Not a fan, cant grip things as well I find...

Anyone know where I can get 2 custom medallions made for the tank to replace the existing honda 305 dream ones? I have the originals so I know the specs, just want to find a way to get a pair of new ones made. I was considering cutting a piece of metal and then just taking it into an engraving place to carve in what I was thinking... Thoughts?
-Slice

are you talking about a 3D printer or cnc machine?

Im thinking CNC machine... Contacted a guy today that said he can do it in plastic for 20$ a pop, not completely sold on it just yet. I would like to go down the metal path but I have to source out someone that can do what Im looking for...

what about making a mold of the one you have.. melt down some pot metal and pour it in.. ?

Damn, that thing was nice to start off with.....is that an old mic in the pic of all the parts???? What is that for? Interesting!

tWistedWheelz said:
Damn, that thing was nice to start off with.....is that an old mic in the pic of all the parts???? What is that for? Interesting!

Twisted - The mic is a brake light!
It connected to the top shock mount and sits just above the peak of the rear fender off to the right... Needs a custom bracket to mount it but it should be good!
I got it from a guy in california...

Rusty o - I found this guy to rebuild the motor for 2500... only problem is I have to take a roadtrip to TEXAS! about 27hrs from Toronto.
Check this guy out: http://www.cttrailbikes.com/contact.html

Things that I am going to try to tackle with Paul this weekend (if he is free - fingers crossed)
1. Plate/tag bracket (drill out the hole to fit the axle) - Rusty do you have a bunch of drill bits?
2. Mock the rear turn signals
3. Complete the brake light mounting bracket for the mic...

-Slice

brotha.. not sure i get your link?? lol

I have some drill bits.. packed at the moment.. give me a few days, and i can dig them out.. or.. you can get a set at home depot really cheap..

I can just hear the complaints from the stock vintage guys now....

I'm looking forward to seeing the updates...

IndieSol said:
I can just hear the complaints from the stock vintage guys now....

I'm looking forward to seeing the updates...

I hear that and expect them to bitch and wine over how its ruined...
I figure if I get 2 thums up for every 1 thumbs down im good with that, hell even if I get 2 thumbs down and 0 thumbs up, I really dont care. I just want to build it the way I imagine it. You know what I mean? If everyone built things back to stock, this forum wouldnt have people like kicking around it! ;)

murderer!! there... i said it!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

hell.. I haven't even done anything to my bike other than clip ons.. and yet I already got my ass served to me on a platter on forums.sohc4.net for telling them my future plans...

DTT... where the imaginatives can spread their wings.... FLY SEAHORSE FLY... BAHAHAHAHA

RustyOlive said:
murderer!! there... i said it!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

hell.. I haven't even done anything to my bike other than clip ons.. and yet I already got my ass served to me on a platter on forums.sohc4.net for telling them my future plans...

DTT... where the imaginatives can spread their wings.... FLY SEAHORSE FLY... BAHAHAHAHA

Rust - Starting to warm up to the name seahorse *as weak as it may be*

Note to others - People (aka Rusty) say the frame looks like a seahorse when its stripped down with only the tank on it.

don't worry buddy.. I got your back.. lol

soooo... your painting it pink right? HAHAHAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom