Easy way to try basic color on bike

Ride

I’m building a bandit with custom seat cowl and nose. I find it hard imagining the outcome when the parts are all mismatched colors.

What would be a cheap easy way to try colors? And by colors I mean a silver or white just to get a rough idea?

Vinyl wrap? The compound curve tank will be tough to cover but for a rough trial it could suffice.

Tempura paint?

Plastidip is an option but requires many coats to remove in a sheet.

d62db71c939c31894348d1dd114958a3.jpg

748d65024fa7e7d18ccf2d7a4b06c2d7.jpg

Hang a white sheet behind the bike and take a good straight on hi-res photo. Use a computer and go nuts with a paint program.

Photoshop would be best, if you take a nice high res shots I can do some renders for you.

kagraves said:
Photoshop would be best, if you take a nice high res shots I can do some renders for you.

That’s awesome of you! What resolution? I can use my GoPro.

White sheet background?

White is easier but not necessary, and the highest possible resolution really. Gives a better start to the render.

kagraves said:
White is easier but not necessary, and the highest possible resolution really. Gives a better start to the render.
I’ll be in touch soon. I have to mock up the bike for the picture. I’ll then post up results for those following this thread. Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom