CB350 Cafe...The 7 Year Bitch! Blew a coil... damn it!

BCBarker

Coast to Coast
Started this 6 years ago. Went to Grad school and got too busy to finish. Finally got around to getting it done. Found this forum and thought I'd share with other who love these bike as much as I do. Plus I need/want some advice.

Got the bike along with 2 others (cb125 & another cb350) for 50 bucks. Stripped everything in the first build and painted it all in the body shop I was working in at the time. Had it running and never got it on the road.

Upon draining the oil a month ago, I found a TON of metal shavings. So as a precaution I'm rebuilding.
Also adding Rear sets.
Maybe powder coating wheels and getting SS spokes.

1st Set of pics are after 1st build. Learned a lot since then.
B

Attachments

• Imported003b.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 521
Final status after 1st build.

Didn't like the straight pips so I found a 2 into 1 hooker header and cut and modified it to fit. It sits with my CB350F in these pics.

The 2 into 1 is currently getting a thermal coating.

Imported003b.jpg

Re: CB350 Cafe... 6 years in the making!

ooh, i like the original straight pipe on the 125... don't suppose you want to ship it to australia, do you? :)

I'd ship them If I had them. Sold them on Ebay once I found the 2 into 1. The straight pipes were on a CB350. Parted out the 125 and the junk 350 to fund the blue 350 build. The gold CB350F was my first build. It was more like a restore.

Thinking about blacking out the motor once I get it put back together... Any thoughts?

front fender is PIMP!!! did you build it or is it off something?

Thanks!

Front fender was an ebay purchase. Maybe from some sport bike? Used the original metal bracket and epoxied the two together. A lil bono to smooth it all out.

SCORE! Just found a local Powdercoating shop that is fairly new in the area. They are doing "small jobs" (ie: motorcycle parts) for super cheap in an effort is drum up more business! $65 for both wheel hoops and hubs!!! Looks like I'm cutting the spokes out and ordering some new Stainless ones!!!

Looked great from the first build. I know it will look even better when your done and as far as blacking out the motor, hell yes! While you have it broke down you can do some good cleaning and preping in order to create a great engine paint job! Are you planning on using the seat/cowl that is on it, and do you intend to repaint?

why not black it out? it would be cool if you could put chrome on some of it too (honda emblem on cluch cover?) for contrast it would really pop and catch an eye. but thats just my thought.

No plans to re-paint. Using the same tank and seat. Just wanted to re-do it and fix a lot of shortcuts I made the first time I did the build. The spokes are rusty now and the motor had a bunch of metal shaving in it. I haven't found the culprit. Anyone have any Ideas about these shavings?

hey there,
nice build, shavings could be from the cam or crank bearings. another spot, which happened to mine was the cam chain. it was hitting the side of the head and causing shavings the tensioner was worn out, are your shavings steal or aluminum???
any way, hope it helps. when its apart check the head for wear marks.
good luck,
later.

shaving seam to be both aluminum and Steel.. Cam chain is definitely wearing the lower case. Looking into a new cam chain roller or the high dollar slipper.

On another note: Since i found an affordable powdercoater I'm going to have the hubs and rims done and re-lace with new spokes. I'm thinking Red or Black. Motor will be black once I get it back together.

If you look above, there are a few more red accents. Don't know if I think the red rims are too much.

Let me know what you like!

B

Or I guess I could always go Silver/chrome powder coat to match the frame or fenders.... TOO MANY CHOICES!

Or just red nipples!!! I think I like this the best! Black rims, Polished or black hubs, Chrome Spokes, RED NIPPLES!

I love finding Inspiration!

Attachments

• Redspokenipples.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 352

Im not a fan of the red hoops on a blue bike.. I think the blacked out hoop with blacked out hubs looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom