73 CL350 project

AzHonda

Coast to Coast
The story goes.....

I sold my house after two long years off and on. Having a house built and it will not be done for 4-5 months, it's hotter than hell out side for the next 3 months, I sold all of my bikes (76 CB360, 71 CL175, 73 XL250). Why? Because I was stupid! Nothing more to say.

So, since I have some time on my hands and am living in a cracker jack box of a house ( I stuffed all the furniture from our 4000 sqft home into my moms already semi furnished 1800 sqft home), I have managed to keep my tools available and a small space to work on this bike. I hope to have it done by the time our house is finished because it will also be prime time riding weather.

Last picture is where I am heading with the bike. I have always liked white tanks and am digging on the brown seat. I have a truck load of parts coming in from DCC and a better used front fender off of Ebay.

Plan is to completely copy (well, not completly) my inspiration pic and not use any creativity on my end. Make it as easy as possibly to not even use my brain.

This should be fun.......

Attachments

• IMAG1438.jpg
    IMAG1438.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,503
  • IMAG1439.jpg
    IMAG1439.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,527
  • IMAG1434.jpg
    IMAG1434.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,506
  • tarantula-cb350f.jpg
    tarantula-cb350f.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,503
Started breaking it down this morning.

Looks like the previous owner bypassed the connector from the solinoid to the battery? The female connector is there from the harness but the male end is gone and a bunch of extra wires going to the battery.

Attachments

• IMAG1450.jpg
    IMAG1450.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,427
  • IMAG1444.jpg
    IMAG1444.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,429
Bike is torn down. Misc parts and frame are off to be powder coated matte black. Tank and side covers are off to be painted. Tank is going to be a off white taupe color and side covers will be matte black.

Will post pics when I get it all in.

I like it, are you going to be putting the handbags on yours to? lol.... ;)

You need an Indiana Jones style leather satchel to mount on the side - a man bag! :D

Here ya go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-oxblood-school-satchel-leather-briefcase-man-bag-retro-messenger-/290741733285?pt=UK_Vintage_Accessories&hash=item43b18ec7a5#ht_816wt_1156

Just got my tank and sidecovers in from my painter as well as the frame and other misc parts in from my powder coater.
What a difference having the tank professionally done. I have always painted my own in the past and have done a decent job but NOTHING like how this one turned out. The color is actually an off white. Has a tuape color to it. Cap and side covers are matte black as well as frame (powder coated).

Last pic. Added new emblems.

Attachments

• IMAG1499.jpg
    IMAG1499.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,812
  • IMAG1501.jpg
    IMAG1501.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,840
  • IMAG1503.jpg
    IMAG1503.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,809
Very Nice. How much did your painter charge you for the tank and side covers I am pondering doing it myself or having it done.

75 XL250 Tracker

$490 just for paint. Was supposed to be $350 but the tank ended up having a few dents that needed to be fixed. I dont think i would ever drop this amount of coin again but it is what it is.

Nice to have this gar before the weekend :D I spent $600 to have front+rear gaurds and the tank pro painted in a 3 stage pearl, a bit of coin but worth it for me, I did paint averythihg alse though ;) looking forward to your build up.....

Nice! Yeah I've seen that bike around the web. There are so many out there I want to imitate as well. Have fun with your build. Coming alone well.

:eek: Dude I know! I thought the same thing. I'm powdering in my basement. Doesn't come out perfect but I'm only spending 15 bucks for a pound of powder. Sure as shit beats that kind of scratch.

The seat is done. I shaved it down a bit so it had more of a flat look. I like thin seats and this is as far as I could go on a stock pan.

Attachments

• IMAG1506.jpg
    IMAG1506.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,072
  • IMAG1505.jpg
    IMAG1505.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,106
One week left until we close on our new home and all i can do is stare at all these new and painted parts. Driving me nuts!

Back
Top Bottom