What up from St.louis

wanted9

What up guys, i stumbled across you guys the other day and man all i can say is THIS IS AWSOME.

A little about me:
My name is gabe, I'm 14, and I just got my first project bike, And I look forward to being a part of DTT

right on man! welcome and have fun. When you get some time post up some pictures of your bike and what you plan to do with it.

Here's the bike
cd637b351105576b307c6cf639c1198a.jpg
219a70ef28f2e7b3f6fd5374edf2ed6c.jpg
98412360ed0f589f35307dbf48a1fcf0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Good plans one and all bud - you staying black on the tank? You got some stylin' rear shocks there too and that cowl looks tight

I think I'm going to either keep the tank and cowl black and once I rewire the bike paint the engine gold or the plastidip one the tank is black and underneath that is a bone white color that would go with the heat wrap so idk yet, what do you all think

Looks like a good start man. Does it run? What kind of clearance do you have between that rear tire and the seat cowl?

Welcome to DTT!

It runs but not in the state it is now, I'm in the tear down stage but a week ago it ran. And for clearance I have about 2 inches

wanted9 said:
It runs but not in the state it is now, I'm in the tear down stage but a week ago it ran. And for clearance I have about 2 inches

That's not going to cut it. One hard bump and the tire will contact the seat. No bueno.

Take one shock off. Get a ratchet strap and connect it to the swingarm on both sides and looped over the frame. Tighten until the shock bottoms out. That's your minimum clearance.

Back
Top Bottom