New Member - Advice on Renting Bike in Memphis 1/18/17

crunchbucket

Hey y'all. Glad I finally signed up after lurking and reading the many posts on this site.

The information here is invaluable for the few bikes I have which include a CL90, CL175, T125 Stinger, GS425, and 2 CT70s.

I will be in Memphis on January 18th and have the day to myself, so I'd like to rent a bike for the day, weather permitting.

Google just shows Harley rentals, which, if that is all that is available, I have no trouble doing. But if anyone here knows a better place or wants to meet a like minded fella who has a few bikes out in the San Francisco area and wants a riding buddy that day, please let me know.

Thanks for any thoughts...

MG

Bumpus is the only place to rent a bike in Memphis. I would suggest you rent a car and keep the windows up.

I live in Memphis and the town ride is not anything special and really downright dangerous for a touron.

Oh... BTW Welcome to DTT... Lots of Cali folks here, many not from or living IN California too :eek:

I visited Memphis way back in 2001 and didn't drive around too much, just to Graceland and the Lorraine Motel. As a white Canadian, l wouldn't want to be out in the open on a bike.

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Duchat said:
I visited Memphis way back in 2001 and didn't drive around too much, just to Graceland and the Lorraine Motel. As a white Canadian, l wouldn't want to be out in the open on a bike.

Huh?

Thanks for the thoughts folks. And thanks for the welcome.

The "don'ts" are adding up here and not to be a cuss, I do have some reservations to reserving any Harley bike. Time and place for that IMHO is somewhere around Lake Havasu in mid April... :)

That is now leaving me to try to find a drag strip or small race track and hope for an event the 2 nights I will be there. Keep you posted if I find anything. If any folks know of something motorsports related in that area please let me know. January is usually slow.

Two more newbie questions where I am asking for forgiveness in not simply searching the board or even the Google for this.

1. Does anyone know of any Vintage Import Bike clubs in the north bay area? Please list any.

2. Does anyone here regularly do the famed Sunday Morning Ride that meets up at Tam Junction? Please contact me if so. I have done it 2x and met some good folks each time but didn't stay in contact.

Happy new year y'all...

Yeah, I'd avoid a bike in Memphis, especially around the downtown area. One wrong turn at night, and you'll wind up walking back.

I enjoy Memphis, though. From the Peabody to Beale St. Be there again for NYE.

Back
Top Bottom