Noob from PA

Rage_kage

Just thought I'd do a formal introduction, my name is jake. I'm from Western PA and just pulled out a 1975 RD350 from a guys back yard. I've been in the Banshee scene for a while and always wanted to go back and see how it all began.

066040dd70a5fa23eac44bb76f7d111a.jpg

Sweet man. Not many smokers tooling around western Pa. I took my RD to the DGR and was the only guy purposefully burning oil there. I'm in Pittsburgh, let me know if you need anything.

Sweet welcome man. VonYinzer is over that way as well. I'm a few hours away in central Ohio, working on an rd as well

That thing looks like it's seen more wilderness than any banshee ever has. Good luck, it should be an awesome project. One of these days I'll get back into the two stroke game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I'm over here in Beaver County. Love me some Yamaha smokers. I have a '74 RD350 and DT250 in the garage.

Not sure where you're located exactly, but if you're nearby... Feel free to stop by for a beer.

VonYinzer said:
Yup. I'm over here in Beaver County. Love me some Yamaha smokers. I have a '74 RD350 and DT250 in the garage.

Not sure where you're located exactly, but if you're nearby... Feel free to stop by for a beer.
I range between Butler, New New and Murrysville but I may take you up on the beer lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't suppose you have an old banshee motor hanging out that you want rid of eh?

hurco550 said:
I don't suppose you have an old banshee motor hanging out that you want rid of eh?
I have a 421 serval but I'm not ready to part with it yet...

Rage_kage said:
I have a 421 serval but I'm not ready to part with it yet...

Lol well then put one in that ardee so I can live vicariously through you ;)

hurco550 said:
Lol well then put one in that ardee so I can live vicariously through you ;)
That's basically signing my last will and testament putting that on power plant 2 wheels. I got connections in the banshee world if you ever stumble across a donor engine...

3a61d224c3e5e700e892e114da6e6d95.jpg

I'll just add this for everyone's viewing pleasure

Rage_kage said:
That's basically signing my last will and testament putting that on power plant 2 wheels. I got connections in the banshee world if you ever stumble across a donor engine...

3a61d224c3e5e700e892e114da6e6d95.jpg

I'll just add this for everyone's viewing pleasure

It's been done a few times. That really would be a wild ride!
f1002d3ff7d68316a65facdb279bfb9a.jpg
ef6ac55ee5d05fce5fb2b5efde1a7155.jpg
9d2faeb0bb82240d35ca76d80fd479d0.jpg
debb30c8193cb15ee2f60a0b2e766df3.jpg
a0e3a99cab5b7b9d8ed2676f86b1e482.jpg

I don't see my 421 acting the same if I put it in a bike...Its build sheet is exclusive to the parts installed and as much as I want to put Paul Turner high Rev's on my bike I doubt they are going to fit lol

VonYinzer said:

I had a dt175 that I miss more than anything else. What a great machine it was. My friend snapped the chain which then went through the case. Now I know why friends don't let friends ride their dirt bikes. ;) I bet the 250 is even better. I know there was an it490 did they do a dt490?

lostboy said:
I had a dt175 that I miss more than anything else. What a great machine it was. My friend snapped the chain which then went through the case. Now I know why friends don't let friends ride their dirt bikes. ;) I bet the 250 is even better. I know there was an it490 did they do a dt490?

As far as I know the DT400 was the biggest in the family. I've certainly been wrong before though lol.

VonYinzer said:
As far as I know the DT400 was the biggest in the family. I've certainly been wrong before though lol.
Those were early models right? How is the 250 on the street? My 175 felt pretty good up top, but was neck and neck with a cr80r in the lower gears. I wonder how the 250 would match up with my wrr which is a dog compared to the off road only wr.

Mine is in pieces and I've never ridden a 250. Only a 175 years ago. From what I understand, the 250 is a great bike on the street as long as it's not expected to maintain anything over 50mph or so.

Instead of doing the banshee thing just go for an RZ350. Better power, better street power and better street gearing. Handles a lot better than an old RD too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

VonYinzer said:
400 is the biggest DT, IT490s have completely different engines and are real handful off road, DT is much softer.

Back
Top Bottom