Newbie from Croatia

exion77

Hi

Greetings from Croatia... although im everywhere more than in Croatia, as I have a severe case of Wanderlust ;P

I am a petrolhead like most of us here, but I sway all the time from 2 to 4 wheels. I own a small import export company specializing in finding in vintage vehicles... basically a scout for cars and motorcycles.

The company was founded on a idea of importing and exporting cars and bikes on the relations US - EU, but since im single and young, US Embassy decided that I was undesirable to go back to the US. Which turned out to be a good thing, but i have left my bike there ;( (sob)

Now, about the bikes... i own several bikes, some more interesting than others, but the one you might like the most is my Suzuki GN 400. (the picture below)

Im trying to organize a new space and headquarters and setting up a new garage to build new projects, so i decided to join to seek advice and share experiences with fellow motorcycle enthusiasts. Cheers

Attachments

• 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 224
Welcome to the wild world of DoTheTon

where about in Hrvatska are you?? and are you from there?

Cheers
Kameron

Kamn said:
Welcome to the wild world of DoTheTon

where about in Hrvatska are you?? and are you from there?

Cheers
Kameron

Thank You for having me. ;D

Im from the coast, Porec (Istria). Born in Bosnia (although it was Yugoslavia back then), raised partly in Switzerland, but i lived in Porec for the most part of my life. So to answer your question, I am Croatian but we moved to where we are now. Why? Have you ever been to Croatia?

Ha! thats awesome
Well I was born here in Toronto and raised here as well but my Dad is from Ilok and Mom is from Siroki Brijeg, and I have spent many summers in Hercegovina.
Sve moj rodbine zivi u Hrvatska i Hercegovine. Kako bi volio da se vratim za barem mjesec dana, popit malo domace rakije sa prijatelji i pojest malo burek.

Drago mi je da se upoznam sa tobom i oprosti me ako sam gresio sa rjeci i gramatika........nisam pisao na nas neznam od kad

Ciao
Kameron

Kamn said:
Ha! thats awesome
Well I was born here in Toronto and raised here as well but my Dad is from Ilok and Mom is from Siroki Brijeg, and I have spent many summers in Hercegovina.
Sve moj rodbine zivi u Hrvatska i Hercegovine. Kako bi volio da se vratim za barem mjesec dana, popit malo domace rakije sa prijatelji i pojest malo burek.

Drago mi je da se upoznam sa tobom i oprosti me ako sam gresio sa rjeci i gramatika........nisam pisao na nas neznam od kad

Ciao
Kameron

Nice :D :D I am in Mostar on business as I write this, and im going to Siroki Brijeg tomorrow :D what a coincidence :D
Moja rodbina je svugdje po europi, ali najvise ih ima po srednjoj Bosni (Busovaca, odakle sam i ja). Ma kakvi, on the contrary, svaka cast. Znam da ima puno Hrvata u Torontu i da imate veliki klub Hrvata tamo :) Javi se kad budes dolazio nekada, pa ako budemo bili u mogucnosti odemo malo coast ride na Jadranskoj magistrali *_* i pojedemo koje Cevape ;)

HAHAHA
That is awesome!
You better believe I will send you a message to meet when I get down there. Riding along the Jadranskoj Magistrali would be beautiful and then on top have some cevape and pivo.........doesnt get any better.
Enjoy the day in Mostar and keep an update here on how your shop and bike building is coming along, hopefully soon I will be updating my build that has been sitting idle for months now

Ciao brate

Great looking ride man, hello from Montreal - I went to Trogir with the family about 30 years ago, man the Adriatic coastline was stunning. Bet it looks even better with a leg thrown over a bike!

I would love to ride the Adriatic coast from the north on down south......good food and drinks along the way with beautiful beaches and water

I'm in

Last time I was there me (then 9), Mum and my bro and sis hired a little boat with a tiny outboard and went for a putt up the coast. About 3 miles in we turn to come home and the outboard sheers off the back of the boat, and sinks like, well, an outboard motor. We're kinda fucked, Mum's freaking, we have to pull the wooden slats off the bench seats and use them as paddles. 3 miles. Sucked.

Sat on the beach the next day and got sunstroke for 48 hours. Sucked.

Then went snorkelling, found a sea urchin and thought that would look cool in my bedroom. Stuck it in my mask for the afternoon where it died slowly and started to stink like nothing else. Sucked - for the urchin. And half the beach that was downwind from it.

Few more people and we can make a bike ride down the coast event :p something like they do in LA every third Sunday

the coast road from Rijeka to Dubrovnik is stunning... curve on curve, since on every 1 air mile of coast you have 1.6 miles of road, meaning there is plenty to lean on... although you need to be careful of people who enjoy their vacation too much, so much that they forget that there are others on the road... experienced that this last summer... Some German dude decided to turn left in to a one way street (crossing a double full line, entering the street on the wrong direction) hitting me in the process... shattered left ankle and leg, broken toe on my right foot... I did have good helmet that saved me, since i was launched into a light-pole, otherwise it could have been fatal. So a good lesson to all riders, especially beginners, even when testing your bike (like i did) put on a helmet... and thats one thing you dont want cheap.

but aside from that, the view is stunning, the food is amazing, beautiful girls and the road is perfect *_*

Lets not start on the women there.....so many pretty women and always dressed nicely

Welcome from Oklahoma. Sorry that the worthless criminals in suits hiding behind the fiction of USGovCorp deem you unfit to come here. But alas, they have have the goons with guns and badges to advance their agenda.

I have a 1980 GN400 that I'm rebuilding i to a cafe bike.

Dwayne said:
Welcome from Oklahoma. Sorry that the worthless criminals in suits hiding behind the fiction of USGovCorp deem you unfit to come here. But alas, they have have the goons with guns and badges to advance their agenda.

I have a 1980 GN400 that I'm rebuilding i to a cafe bike.

thank you for having me :) im not saying that their decision was necessarily a bad one... although a big business deal fell trough for me, not mentioning the 5k i wasted on going back an forth with them etc... could have built another bike for that money... but its ok

Nice :D good luck with the electronic part of it XD if you need any help let me know ;) The GN 400 is such a great bike :D :D do it right and you wont get rid of it like ever *_*

Back
Top Bottom