Driving around today and saw this:

ridesolo

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I was driving around on the Navy SeaBee base this afternoon and came up behind this big truckload of Harleys.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So the plan is to melt those high grade steel anchors to make Harley frames and parts?

:eek:

Tune-A-Fish said:
So the plan is to melt those high grade steel anchors to make Harley frames and parts?

Ha! No idea, but it's unlikely. But I did see the large mobile crane they used to load 'em up. Heavy duty stuff.

I wonder if "they" know every other rider makes fun of their bikes, their matching shirts, their cloned looks (shaved head/goatee or long hair/long beard seems to be the standard) or their women?

runmikeyrun said:
I wonder if "they" know every other rider makes fun of their bikes, their matching shirts, their cloned looks (shaved head/goatee or long hair/long beard seems to be the standard) or their women?

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/254813/brub-brrub-brrrrub

Whole episode is pretty fucking hilarious.

runmikeyrun said:

They who?

runmikeyrun said:
Oh they know. And you will know that they know when you get the courage to talk shit to a real one and your face gets boot stomped in the back alley.

runmikeyrun said:

Yes. "We" know. "We" smile while thinking jealousy is an ugly thing. And like Dohc says, I'll bet you won't make fun of my bike to my face.

We each have our own preferences. Just be glad that you can ride whatever it is you choose to ride. Just ride.

And for the record, "I" don't wear HD branded gear or a "beanie helmet".

I have a Harley and a beard. (beard was here long before the Harley and will remain long after).

Will "you" Harley guys beat me up in a back ally for making fun of my own Harley? lol

hurco550 said:
I have a Harley and a beard. (beard was here long before the Harley and will remain long after).

Will "you" Harley guys beat me up in a back ally for making fun of my own Harley? lol

Not likely, most of these bad guys are not the bad guys.

Y'know, none of the guys and gals who ride that I've ever encountered are bad people.

I guess I'll never understand the need to make one's self feel better by making fun of someone else.

"trying to make your own candle burn brighter by blowing out the candle of another."

Have a Mongols chapter where I live. They're a bunch of jackasses.

Granted, lot easier to be a jackass when there's 20 of you every where you go.

A good bit of them are riding Sportsters. That always gives me a chuckle.

Thats why I said REAL one. These babyfaced hipster neo-clubbers are all pussies born from the Sons of Anarchy disaster

When I lived in Calif. the tag on my Harley said HRLY SK (Harley Suck), None of the Hells Angles that hung around that shop gave me shit about it because they couldn't argue the fact. If I rolled in on my GS750E they would ask why (when they were working on their bike) I was riding a Jap POS. My answer was I like to ride them, not work on them. ???

We all get made fun of end of story. I rode a moped as a kid lol. I find comical things about every demographic- we all have our goofy stereotypes. I've been accused of being a hipster even though I'm fat almost 40 and don't drink pbr. And yes, I DID see that punk band before they were cool because I was a teenage kid going to shows before you were born.

That being said, I rode with a bunch of dudes in parades for a year. 90% Harley dudes. I took lots of ribbing for my ride (81 KZ) and when I started talking about a 48 it was all "attaboy!" and "finally gonna get rid of that jap crap huh?" I never needed someone's approval to hang out and this was no exception. Honestly I don't have any reason to tell someone their bike sucks to their face, because like you said we all have our preferences. But the posers? Yeah it's funny.

What steered me away from a 48 to a Yamaha bolt? The ride reports and shootouts in magazines. I love my bolt. So I don't get waves from some riders... Who cares. The sport bike guys don't wave either lol.

Btw the true old road dogs would always stop to say a few words about my RD and my KZ. A nice machine is a nice machine, period

There's a guy near where I live. British guy, a good 6'6", 300lbs. But not fat. Tatted head to toe. Looks like your typical Harley guy. Rides a GS850. A couple years ago, he pulled up at a red light next to a weekend warriors on his new Harley. Told the guy it was a nice bike. The guy responded "That's a piece of shit you're riding."

Brit proceeded to put his kick stand down, get off, and put the guy on a choke hold until he was unconscious. Got back on his bike, and waited on the cops.

I won't make fun of that guy.

He went to Rockerbox with pops and I in 2014. We're setting up in the campground. Pops says I hope the guys next to us are nice. Brittany says "we'll give them a chance to be nice, if they refuse, I'll best their asses."

Back
Top Bottom