new old stock consensous on \definition of

xb33bsa

Over 1,000 Posts
to me if i see nos in an ebay listing title and the seller uses the words and nos in descrption text ,even if the seller has it listed as used ,i expect the part to actually be new old stock ,which i always understood was an old parts that never got bolted on or used even for a mockup,CAUSE CERIANI TRIPLE CLAMPS ARE SOFT CAST ALUMINUM it can be out of its originqal.packaging, dirty and corroded from barn sitting but it must not have obvious witness of being mounted up ande used ,witness as in dark cicles same size as contact of steer stem bearings/washwers
witness as in clamp slots with mushed out edges where a wedge of some kind was beetin 'in to loosen the pinch even on the bottom triple at the center ho0le steer stem
witness as in easily 100 hammer or could be any of a million implements that perfectly thransfer their kinetic enery to a part
these were obviously in the process of taking the bike (and getting the top triple up off taperd stanchion tops\
apart what had donored the clamps

the biggest prob i have with all the nos stuff i have

is some of it has been in its packages for 40 years

then buyers want a picture and if i take the item out of the package i devalue it by over 10 percent in some cases more

So you bought a set of NOS clamps and the fuckers had laps on em :eek: the the turd with the tool box use a chisel to loose the clamps... If so, I bet he beat the fuckers up from the bottom and it has ding ding ding all ont the bottom of the top set :eek: :eek:

Humiliate the tardashian!

yep the top clamp was beat up from the underside as you promote it would be and the clamp slots have metal mushed up a bit, witness to the 1/4" wide flat screwdriver beat in them from the the TOP which is a true sign of a cull "mechanic"
they were cheap less than a hudred delivered the seller after i questioned him about the NOS qualification tole me they were only put on an mxer in the 70's but never raced
clearly the fucker is delusional either that or an obama voter
i got a message form him after he quickly got them shipped message read in all caps
PLEASE LEAVE POSATIVE FEEDACK
like i said i got great deal they will clean up as new but doesn't everybody know that once you lay wrenches on a part much less beat them with the nearest axle,that it no longer qualifies as NOS
i sent him a message asking who was the genius thought it was a good idea to BEG for posative feedback ?before item is even deliverd LOL
careful what you ask for i told him if you ask a trigger happy negger for a posative they will neg you pronto
he emailed back called me a racist what the fuck wrong with people these days ?
after that i couldn't be a negger of course, i didn't neg him didnt ding his stars fuck it

Gee X,
Thought it was pretty easy: NOS = New Old Stock.
Anything else, isn't.
As far as I'm concerned, can be in the original box or not, as long as the description is accurate.
What CX posted is also true, though I had one buyer absolutely beg me not to take some NOS HD parts out of their box - it had a cello window on the box lid, but it was pretty yellowed with age and pretty hard to see the parts. He was happy enough with what he could see and I gather was going to just display the parts, not use them.
Far too much misrepresentation on the web these days regarding parts - new and used.
Pat

Back
Top Bottom