Music player app?

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
My Samsung Galaxy S3 gave up the ghost yesterday. I picked up a Motorola Droid Turbo 2.

Despite the best efforts of my provider to transfer my music and picture files to the SD card before switching, I still lost some stuff. I was finally able to get all my music back on the phone from my PC (NOT as easy or as simple as the Galaxy, BTW). However, the Turbo 2 has Google Play Music as the only installed player. Quite frankly, it sucks. It's a streaming service, which I won't be using. And despite hours of trying to add my music to it's library, moving files from external to internal storage and vice versa, it still only sees about half of my music.
Plus, the interface is horrible. Simply being able to pull up the library and hit "shuffle" so I can Bluetooth it to my helmet while riding takes several steps.

I'm looking for a simple app to play downloaded files. I know about Pandora and Spotify, etc. I don't want to stream and use data. I simply want to play MY music that I uploaded to MY library on MY phone. Something with a "play" button, "stop" button and a "shuffle" button. If I can make a few playlists, fine. If I can organize by artist or album, fine. Just a simple player for a luddite.

What's available in the App Store that fits the bill?

I went with Poweramp. Well worth the $3.99 and it recognized ALL of my music instantly as soon as I opened it. I didn't have to load anything or transfer libraries, etc. The shuffle seems to be better than the old Galaxy phone player, too. Less repeats.

After having the same issue effin googzic sucks ass ( i iPhone 6 now)... I got an NOS Zune and use it exclusively for music (won't do anything else but movies and pics) I have to say its the best damn music box on the planet... gets free streaming music called FM RADIO TOO!!

So yeah, all you guys looking for a good music alternative... Zune software is so simple a cave man can do it and FREE FM! and lots of them refurb on eBay BT remote docks.. the wurks.

Back
Top Bottom