Introduce yrself, bikes, projects, whatever.

ROne said:
9 hours bent over on a Cafe Racer is not that appealing though ;D

You'll just have to go faster then so that the wind can hold you up! ;D

Good to see so many Aussies getting involved. I'm keen to see the projects starting to get under way.

NOZ69R said:
Hey fellow down unders ;D

I'm from Nowra on the south coast of NSW, been into bikes since I was about 7 yrs old & have had one or more in the shed for all but a fews years and I'm 40 this year :eek:.

My current ride is a 98 Ducati 900SS, & Cafe project is a CB250N. Will be putting it back to a rolling frame 2morrow now that everything is painted. Then it will be time to get stuck into the motor.

The whole family is into bikes, the missus has a 02 Suzuki SV650S and a CB250T to Cafe, the kids both have PW50's.

Cheers

NOZ

Hey Noz, welcome. Nice rides, for a modern bike I do like the look of the Ducati 900 I must admit. Let's see some photos of the projects? unless they are on another thread? It's great to see the whole family on two wheels :)

Rone

ROne said:
Hey Noz, welcome. Nice rides, for a modern bike I do like the look of the Ducati 900 I must admit. Let's see some photos of the projects? unless they are on another thread? It's great to see the whole family on two wheels :)

Rone

Yeah its great to have a missus that is into bikes as well there are no arguements ;D ;D. When we were dating I went on a ride day at Eastern Creek with my brand new custom leathers & said to her I'll show her my scraped knee sliders. Well I scraped them alright "low sided" at turn 11 bike ok rode home & she barged past me to look at the bike & said your ok "what did you do to the bike"..... I said to myself I'll marry that girl... ;D ;D

Here are some pics of the projects

Attachments

• My Cafe B4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 338
  • Missus Cafe B4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 334
ROne said:
Ahhh, hey Liam.....thanks but hate to burst the bubble but one of those links (the last one) opens a blog about someones Bicycles? Not quite a Cafe Racer site...hehehe.....now if it had a motor. ::)

Rone :)
yeah, totally, that one is wide ranging in content, but there is generally a mix of motorbikes, bicycles, girls, whatever seems to catch his eye, though there seems to be a lower proportion of motorbike content currently, i've seen some cool stuff on there before.

Thanks Liam I'm also working on a Malvernstar SkidStar and that site has all the reference I need (always a bummer when you see something really close to what you've been imagining for months but it has inspired me as well) some interesting idea's indeed.
Ps I think I've found my O/S pistons in the states... Yeah should be back on the road sooooonn.

Well i guess it's my turn to share with the group!! As youve proberly figured my name is Andy, i'm 32 and live in Melb now (orginally from the land further down under, NZ) Ive been into bikes and riding them since i was about 5, my first experiance with them was at the local farm show where they had rides on 50cc quads around a haybail track, i found out that putting your feet down because the brakes dont work wasnt a good idea (removed the skin from the back of both legs) but i was hooked! I rode dirt bikes in the begining until i started to sneak out the old man aai50cc brute from around 13-14, then when i got my licence at 15 i started riding everything i was lent until i purchased my first roady a GSXR250RR. Then comes 23 and i feel then need to move out of NZ and ended up in Aus.... I did it tough at the start but settled and ended up back riding dirt CR250 style until it got stolen (on Australia day if you dont mind!) so then there was a real lean patch for the bikes and rinding...I then met my now wife and life got good!! she's was born in Aus but with Spanish parents they ended up moviing back to Spain when she was 8 then she decided to move back 8 years ago (lucky for me!) after we got married i got my XL600 daily rider and got the feel for the road again, and after a christmas visit to my sisters and now hubbies (name drop 88, Mark) in Syd i was introduced to the CAFE concept and became hooked!!!! So to the now.. after being gifted and saving this CB250rs from a mates overgrown back yard the plan was to cafe it for me then the wife wanted it (shes had her bike licence for around 7yrs) so its now nearly completed and after a recent road trip to Bris via the coast and Syd my Bro has hooked me up with a CB400f that i can do for myself. BUT that one is going to have to wait till we have bought our first house (sigh) (new workshop "yay") Anyway enough of me crapping on heres a couple of pics Cheers Andycafe.........

Attachments

• day1 as it was.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 357
  • wheels on1.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 90%4.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 339
andycafe said:
Well i guess it's my turn to share with the group!! As youve proberly figured my name is Andy, i'm 32 and live in Melb now (orginally from the land further down under, NZ) Ive been into bikes and riding them since i was about 5, my first experiance with them was at the local farm show where they had rides on 50cc quads around a haybail track, i found out that putting your feet down because the brakes dont work wasnt a good idea (removed the skin from the back of both legs) but i was hooked! I rode dirt bikes in the begining until i started to sneak out the old man aai50cc brute from around 13-14, then when i got my licence at 15 i started riding everything i was lent until i purchased my first roady a GSXR250RR. Then comes 23 and i feel then need to move out of NZ and ended up in Aus.... I did it tough at the start but settled and ended up back riding dirt CR250 style until it got stolen (on Australia day if you dont mind!) so then there was a real lean patch for the bikes and rinding...I then met my now wife and life got good!! she's was born in Aus but with Spanish parents they ended up moviing back to Spain when she was 8 then she decided to move back 8 years ago (lucky for me!) after we got married i got my XL600 daily rider and got the feel for the road again, and after a christmas visit to my sisters and now hubbies (name drop 88, Mark) in Syd i was introduced to the CAFE concept and became hooked!!!! So to the now.. after being gifted and saving this CB250rs from a mates overgrown back yard the plan was to cafe it for me then the wife wanted it (shes had her bike licence for around 7yrs) so its now nearly completed and after a recent road trip to Bris via the coast and Syd my Bro has hooked me up with a CB400f that i can do for myself. BUT that one is going to have to wait till we have bought our first house (sigh) (new workshop "yay") Anyway enough of me crapping on heres a couple of pics Cheers Andycafe.........

Hey Andy,

What's your rear guard from (the one currently on the build?) I'm curious because it looks similar to the one I scored from a local Motorcycle wreckers to chop down for my CX Cafe and I've never known what it was actually from.

Rone

Hey Rone. That's actually the original inner guard from my cb250rs, you don't normally see it because of the cowl that hangs out from the back of the seat and the other stuff like the big taillight and number plate mount the are attached to it, i just love it because of the pressed ribs that just give it another dimension. here's are close up pic of it. cheers Andycafe...

Attachments

• rear fender after blasting.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 338
andycafe said:
Hey Rone. That's actually the original inner guard from my cb250rs, you don't normally see it because of the cowl that hangs out from the back of the seat and the other stuff like the big taillight and number plate mount the are attached to it, i just love it because of the pressed ribs that just give it another dimension. here's are close up pic of it. cheers Andycafe...

Oh...it looked like it was chromed in the distant shot. Yep, totally different to what I thought it was...hahahah.

Hey, on another topic......I sometimes hang out with the guys from the local Victorian chapter of the '59 Club' (aka, the original Rockers motorcycle club born in the UK in the late 50's) and they are organising a big 'ROCKERS Vs MODS' ride on Sept 20th....we should go along.

Cheers.

Rone

Oh...by the way..... if anyone is in the area of Greenwood Drive, Bundoora (VIC) on this Saturday (18th July), feel free to follow the Garage Sale signs and drop by for a chat or some Honda Parts I'm getting rid of ;D

I'll be there from 9am till mid afternoon or until we get bored. You won't be able to miss it, I'll have the bikes out the front to help advertise (and no, they are not for sale :D )

Rone

Gday all, I'm Dave from Palmer (just outside Adelaide on the river). Signed in today, having been eyeing off cafes for the last few years, it's time to start building one very soon. Found this site and love it.
I'm currently finishing a project bike based on a Beeza A65, Rigidified frame, trumpy, forks, moto guzzi rear fender, BSA C11 rear fender cut and shut to make the front, Trumpy rear wheel, Norton front. The chopper boys'll hate it cos it's not chopped, the bobber boys'll disown it cos its not bobbed, cafe blokes wont recognise it... and that's the way it's mean't to be.

But the cafe calls.... in the shed there's a plunger BSA A7, serious basket case.... potential, but a plunger.

I think the answer is to buy a running donor bike fo FA and build up. I love the CX series but know nothing about em, but I suppose any midrange roadie with a bit of spit and fizz should do the job.

Currently I work two on two off up in the Cooper Basin in the Geothermal industry, so time in the shed is filled with bundy, bike bits, smokes and dreams.

Any ideas, recommendations, suggestions etc will be greatfully received. Any offers will also be seriously considered.

Cheers, Dave

Hey all
I am a relative newby to bikes having bought my first bike 18 months ago. I bought a cx500 for 50 bucks and every bit of it was ugly. I am currently doing an ed degree at uni and have 2 young kids and one on the way so budget for the rebuild was REALLY tight. Ended up getting it on the road for under $300 which included cam chain, mech seal etc etc. Anyway pics are below.
It is now at daily ride stage and i am thinking i need a new project. Would love to do a jap classic cafe and I was hoping to get some advice about what make/model is a good platform to start with. I want something with a bit of GO. Uni degree is over in 2 weeks so i should be teaching early October so this time budget wont be so limited but i do like to do all the work myself and keep costs low (it helps to maintain ongoing support of the finance minister).
Anyway thanks for reading, Love the site
Cheers
Damo

MR P said:
Hey all
I am a relative newby to bikes having bought my first bike 18 months ago. I bought a cx500 for 50 bucks and every bit of it was ugly. I am currently doing an ed degree at uni and have 2 young kids and one on the way so budget for the rebuild was REALLY tight. Ended up getting it on the road for under $300 which included cam chain, mech seal etc etc. Anyway pics are below.
It is now at daily ride stage and i am thinking i need a new project. Would love to do a jap classic cafe and I was hoping to get some advice about what make/model is a good platform to start with. I want something with a bit of GO. Uni degree is over in 2 weeks so i should be teaching early October so this time budget wont be so limited but i do like to do all the work myself and keep costs low (it helps to maintain ongoing support of the finance minister).
Cheers
Damo

Hi Damo,

I looked through your build thread on the Aussie CX forum sometime before I bought mine, maybe another CX cafed would be good ;) The CX isn't bad for it's size powerwise, for more go you'd be looking at a I4 750 or a 650 and up twin like the XS650. Maybe the best option is to just look around and see what comes up at the right price, options seem pretty limited here and bikes like the XS650 seem way overpriced.

Cheers
Steve

Hi all,

I am up in Central Queensland, I ride a SV650s and may be getting a GSX 250, otherwise theres been some nice XS 400's on ebay.

Cheers Rob

MR P said:
Hey all
Cheers
Damo

Mate have a look at the early XJ650's 750's ;) much unloved, shaft-drive, bloody reliable and CHEEP! there is one on evilbay at the mo for 300 skins, this is one of my next projects picked it up for a cool 150 ;D with a rebuilt engine new tires etc :D
P1040144.jpg

Zonda said:
picked it up for a cool 150
Must...murder...Zonda...

;D Good work on getting it for that. What the hell, man, thats about the best deal I've ever heard of!

Steve F said:
see what comes up at the right price

Rule of three: 'Right bike, right price, right now - choose any two'

Same goes for engineering/materials, except its 'light, strong, cheap' ::)

- boingk

G'Day all cafe riders and builder.

I am new on the site but have a few projects on the go at the moment

1. T125 stinger in Cafe racer trim

2. xs400 Yamaha in cafe racer trim

3. GPZ500 Standard

4. RD125 Yamaha in GTY (TA) 125 racing trim. for the track.

I am currently living in Perth but have only just moving over from Queensland.
Once I have worked out how to put pics on here I will put some up for you to look and comment on.

Cheers Glynn

I thought that I would post some pics of my Xs400 that I am working on. I am still thinking about the seat at the moment but I am thinking that I will cut an inch and half maybe two inchs out of the riders seat and cut it straight down from the pillions seat. I have to be about to ride two up.

Attachments

• DSC00099_2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 574
Back
Top Bottom