The XS, and the Sidecar of Death

Re: The Dnepr, the XS, and the Sidecar of Death

Cool, e-bay?
I quite like that idea ;)

Florida Sidecar Products, lots of nifty lights.
http://floridasidecarproducts.com/sidecar_accessories

I didn't even know that place existed
It's bookmarked for future reference ;D

Kinda sad to say this, but I sold the Dnepr last night. Would have loved to have two bikes to hook the sidecar to and it was a very unique bike.

Moving forward! Some sort of a XS Tracker Hacker.

• XR style tracker seat is on its way Mount seat
  • Stealing a front left brake caliper and disc from a XS1100 to have dual disc front
  • 19" XS wheel for the sidecar + a spair to sit on back
  • Figure out brake for sidecar and seperate foot lever
  • Blast sidecar, chassis, wheels for powder and paint, seat and tank the same color, maybe a Yamaha racing stripes
  • Weld on frame mounts for sidecar chassis
  • Brake pads + have the discs resurfaced and cross drilled
  • New shocks
  • Break it down in the winter to PC the frame and go through the motor
  • Mount new LED turn signals

Ideas? :)

:) I got some killer spot lights at a yard sale last week, $2 for the pair, guy said they were off of an old police bike.

In an effor to keep this movin, I ordered Omar's 19" rear wheel conversion kit. I'll be using the same 19" mag front, rear, sidecar, and a spair on back of the sidecar. http://omarsdtr.com/stwheel.html

Still need to rob all the left side brake components off a XS100 or XS850 for dual front brakes. Will need to work out a brake for the sidecar.

Here's the XS as it sits, tracker seat will be in this weekend. Only thing I've done is some superbike bars, grips, and mirrors.

Just got one of the 3 19" mags I need. $20 with a good disc on it.

Contemplating reusing the 16" rear wheel on the sidecar.. :/

??

Don't I wish. The sidecar frame should be powdered by tonight though! Need to figure out the seat this weekend, do a lil chop chopin', weld mounts for the seat and maybe, just maybe, weld the sidecar mounts to the frame!

Back
Top Bottom