Anybody know anything about a Toyota Publica Pickup??

Bama704

Been Around the Block
I am seriously considering making the purchase but don't know a damn thing about these trucks. Finding information online is pretty tough and I haven't been able to find a forum like this one for the truck. Anybody know anything about it? What are y'alls thoughts on it?

https://www.japandirectmotors.com/1988-baby-blue-publica.html

Very simple to work on, they run great, but they are SLOW. I took one to a vintage motorcycle race a few years back, and couldn't get near my own truck, the crowd was crazy. The Asian guys went nuts and I received a lot of offers on the truck. I only kept it for a year. At 5'10" and 220lbs. it was very hard for me to get in and out of the truck, that and my 6'4" 280lb buddy, we looked like clowns at the circus, throw a couple bikes in the bed and I kinda felt sorry for the old girl. It never hiccupped, just did everything I asked of her without hesitation. If I lived in a village and could figure a way to get in and out of her comfortably, I might have kept her. But at the time I lived near a super slab and I felt bad pushing her to the limits. So... If you're under 5'10" and 200lbs and live in an area where you don't have to push her too hard, it'd probably be a great little ride for you. I love vintage stuff, the older the better. I do now live in the boonies and as you can see, I drive a 49 Chevy. As stated, women go crazy for these rides, it's like carrying a puppy around. If you can fit in the truck comfortably and are in no hurry to get there, you'll love the truck. There is something therapeutic hanging your arm out the door on a warm spring day and noises an old truck makes. Good luck, That is a tasty little ride.

Thanks for all the replies guys, hoping to get it soon. I am under 6 foot and at 200lbs, so I will have to see how well I fit in the truck. Looks like there is no adjusting of those seats. Would be pretty sweet to haul the bike around in though. Will keep ya posted if I get it.

I don't mind slow rides :)

Back
Top Bottom