1971 Kawasaki g3ss cafe project

b3f72f4dcf452de2948cc0ec12aabf63.jpg
so I got this new lighting coil, and still can't seem to get a charge coming back the one that gos to the rectifier. Feeling stuck with this issue. :/ and now it seems to have a problem with the main coil, it loses spark I think

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I'll check two things tomorrow, one there is a thin coat of plastic I believe on the coil and two the ignition switch.

9da8d8b4fcd9404017abef73959aaeb0.jpg
so I replaced the old OEM style battery with this modern one , 6 volt , and it seemed to take care of my lighting problems, i recommend them

https://vimeo.com/190026864 just a note on the battery fuse, ran into a problem again withe the light, notice the fuse in line was very thin, I ran direct no fuse and it worked perfectly, so just put a higher amp fuse and had no more resistance. Works good now.

Check out www.mopedarmy.com they have a bunch of good looking 6 volt units intended for mopeds/scooters but will work just as well for you

4606a541a52535bcb4367efe6a2ed688.jpg
little update on the seat
3670d3c66a0bd70a9edddcbabb88a2c6.jpg
making the mounts and had the seat apolstery done
4cdab11bfbe85f8d4a9174af8e9f3fbf.jpg
not exactly how I wanted the seat but it will do for now

Did you check tire clearance at full bump for the cross braces? Looks like the one towards the end might contact...

coyote13 said:
Did you check tire clearance at full bump for the cross braces? Looks like the one towards the end might contact...
oh yes it will most definitely bottom out, but shocks are very soft I'm about 190lb's and it doesn't stand a chance, but I'm taking this project one thing at a time and a shock upgrade will be need along the line

If you put a loop on the frame that goes all the way out to the end of your tail piece you would likely be alright without the last brace and also have much better tire clearance

coyote13 said:
If you put a loop on the frame that goes all the way out to the end of your tail piece you would likely be alright without the last brace and also have much better tire clearance
it might help but I honestly think it will bottom out on the seat pan anyway

Back
Top Bottom