'71 CB350 Twin Oil

spazzyfry123

Good morning gents and ladies. I've been spending the last two days reassembling my '71 CB350 twin. I had it torn down to the frame to diagnose and replace seals, coils, blah blah. We'll I got it buttoned up last night to prepare for the first start in months only to realize I only had a quart of Honda GN4 10-30 left. As luck would have it, all local dealers that I know carry this oil are closed on Sundays, and I'm ready to ride!

Questions for you...

What alternatives can I run that are generally found at a local auto parts store?
Are there any concerns with mixing a different oil with what I have?
Will my day end if I mixed 10w30 with, say, 10w40?

Thanks all!
Tyler

mixing any motor oils and weights is fine even "stynthetic" and dino oil, it is all the same, the rotella or shell delo is great as it has some zinc innit which you need for proper clutch action and rocker face life
carion

the diesel oils are fine they have less detergent also which is no big deal,it just meens the oil doesn't put carbon and other light solids into suspension which in a diesel engine, which tends to produce more sump bound carbon, can be a problem loading up the oil with abrasive carbon

spazzyfry123 said:
What alternatives can I run that are generally found at a local auto parts store?

1. valvoline non synthetic motorcycle oil

2. valvoline non synthetic ATV oil

3. valvoline VR-1

any weight is fine . . if it's an old engine then 15w-40.

available at any auto prts store i add a once or 2 per qt more is not better the zink is what helps our atikwated sliding rockers faces be easy on the loabes of da cam ;)
http://lucasoil.com/products/engine-oil-additives/engine-break-in-oil-additive-tb-zinc-plus
10063_EngineBreakIn_New_800x950.jpg

Back
Top Bottom