new tires just came in... think i messed up

Alright, I have 2.75" front tire and a 3.00" rear (I ordered a 3.5 but they sent me a 3") what's better for a stock 360 rear wheel? 3 or 3.5"?

mydlyfkryzis said:
Stock from the factory is a 3.50 x 18 Rear tire.

I know, I ordered a 3.5x18 rear. the guy who wrote up the order form must have had a mix up. I have to return the rear 3.00 for a 3.5

Question, reading the replies and recommendations I am going to start shopping for some larger wheels.

After looking at the recommended wheel/tire size chart, this is my plan:
Front wheel: 2.15x18"
Front tire: 100-90-18

Rear wheel: 2.5x18"
Rear tire: 110-90-18

Would this tire/wheel size be ideal or would it be better handling wise to run a 2.5" front wheel and 2.5" rear wheel with the same tire sizes?

Also what's the ideal profile height for a 110 on an 18" wheel. I see they have 80 and 90 profile.

One last question. Since I'm willing to replace both wheels, would there be any gains in running 17" wheels?(I get that it will weigh less and since its smaller will turn faster, and will most likely be cheaper) And if so, how available are 17" street tires that are in the 100-110 width?

I'm scatter brained when it comes to trying to figure out the BEST solution for a tire wheel combo. While being light as possible but keeping handling and lastly appearance in mind (although let's face it, the right shoes do make or break an outfit, speaking in regards to functionality and style)

you would still have better handling using a 90/90 on 2.15x18 rim and a 110/90 x18 rear on 2.15 or 2.50 rim
17" rims are generally way more expensive in wider sizes but you can get all sorts of tyre compounds from cheap to DOT 'Race' tyres

EDIT:

crazypj said:
you would still have better handling using a 90/90 on 2.15x18 rim and a 110/90 x18 rear on 2.15 or 2.50 rim
17" rims are generally way more expensive in wider sizes but you can get all sorts of tyre compounds from cheap to DOT 'Race' tyres

Problem I'm having with 90/90 fronts are they're hard to find in a street tire. That's why I went with 2.75" front tire on my current stock 360front wheel. Would it counter productive (weight or handeling wise) to run a 2.5x18" wheel on the front and the rear?

In the summer when it gets too hot to ride I plan on doing a complete over all of the suspension/wheels/tires then in late summer I'll tackle the engine. But from now until June/July I'll be riding (once i get my seat back from the upholsterer)

btw if you need a custom seat made for your cafe I have a guy who has an ultra thin foam comfortable enough for longnrides and can go as slim as ¾" for long rides. If you want an even slimmer seat that will handle short rides while still offering support he recommends as thin as a ¼" or slimmer upon request.

Facebook "Guys Upholstery" he posts a lot of bagger/show bike seats pics but he does a lot of dragbikes and lightweight slim seat designs as well. I'm not a promoter but this guy does excellent custom work at a very decent price. (Located in AZ)

Weird, I don't have any problem finding 90/90x18 tyres?
I have Bridgstone BT45 and Continental 'GO' in 90/90, friend actually raced a CB350 on Shinko street tyres (90/90x18 f 110/90 x 18 r) in Florida summer they got up to temp real quick though
I've never tried a 2.50 rim on front of 360 so can't help you there

Originally I was going to run shinko 90/90/18 and 100/90/18 but the shop I order from said shinko didn't make an90/90/18 so I returned both shinkos for A michaline 2.75x18 front and a 3.5 reear (can't remember the manufacturer, as its still in transit)

I've always had good luck with Michelin tyres, (I've got Michelin Pilot on my Katana)
my brother used them exclusively on his 400f
I think you need to do your own research on tyres then TELL the shop exactly what YOU want and not what they want to sell you
Oh, I made a mistake about friend racing, he used Kenda

Back
Top Bottom