CX500 tyre size help?!

JAKEYUK

Hello guys just about to order some tyres for my CX500....I was planing on fitting 500-16 69S Avon Safety Mileage MKII for the rear and for the front 4.00-19 65H Avon Safety Mileage MKII.

Are these going to be ok or is the rolling diameter going to change? Because standard front fitment is 3.5 x19

Thanks

Jake ;)

Yes, if the section is the same the wider tire will roll out 3.4% further therefore it will spin less per mile and the speedometer will read lower. If the 4.0" tire is a lower profile for instance 4.00/80/19 vs 3.50/90/19 then the difference will be nill. Those sound like the Firestone Deluxe retro tries?
Cheers, 50gary

Right i kind of understand the deal so the speedo will be under from what i understand...and not the tyres are avon safety mileage MKII they come out in 3.5 x 19 and 4.0 x 19 im after this sort of stance...and the tyres used in this picture are 4.0 x 19 and 5.0 x 16 firestones

WUr0mrF.jpg

Thanks

JAke ;)

call the tire manufacturer

the rear tire seems wide for the stock rim and possibly swingarm clearance

Also. you need the right width rim.

The Grey area is acceptable fitments. the "Std" box is the best application...

For a 4.00 width tire, the minimum rim width is 2.15. The Stock Honda Rim for a 3.50 width is 1.85, so your stock rim is too narrow for SAFE application. Of course, like many others, you can choose not to be safe.

Attachments

• REcommend tire size 1.jpg
    REcommend tire size 1.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 1,472
that tire crosses to a 140 and a 140 will rub the swingarm on the drive side

Back
Top Bottom