CB360 Wheel Bearing Removal and Fitting

oathamm

Bearing time... I've kinda been dreading this part!

I need to remove front and rear wheel bearings so I can get hubs powder coated.

Here's a pic of the front wheel - how do I get the bearings out? Do I need the tool specified in the manual (wheel bearing extractor tool 07910-3230100) or can I do what others suggest and build my own? I assume this tool fits in the grooves I have circles in red, is this threaded in? Are there any pins that need to be punched out? Areas I have highlighted in green?

Same questions for the rear wheel, will the tool I buy / build for the front bearing removal fit the rear wheel? Again does it fit the grooves circled in red and do I need to remove what look like pins circled in green?

When it comes to fitting the new bearings do I reverse the process to fit them or do I press them in? Can anyone recommend new wheel bearings for my 1974 CB360?

Thanks guys

I swear, you must be trolling, because this has been gone over Sooooo many times. Use the search feature. Those aren't pins, they're punches, and you have to drill them out.

Ok so I drilled out the punches and made a tool but the retainer wouldn't budge, should I use heat. Will also look to buy the recommended tool to see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom