Second bike opinions

sidk1987

Hi everyone. Just looking for some opinions on a second bike/upgrade. I have been riding a CL350 for some time and looking to grab something with more power for smoother highway and longer rides. I found some deals locally and was curious what would be the next best option in terms of reliability and maneuverability (am 5'6" and can't flat foot the CL either). I'm not looking for a cafe bike specifically outside of making minor mods to streamline the bike. Mostly want a solid running machine.

Options are:

1. 75 Guzzi 850 T - rebuilt engine, electronics, tires have plenty of tread - very few miles on new engine. Good aesthetic and functional machine and I've heard reliable in the long run. $3000
2. 76 CB750 - 21k miles on the engine but rebuilt brakes, new tires, recent paint job, looks in great condition and runs. Has pod filters instead of OEM air filters. $2400
3. 77 cb550f - 15k miles and in good physical condition. Clean running bike with no issues. $2800

Thank you in advance for your advice on the matter,

get something newer, flatfooting is not an issue once you learn to ride
you only need one foot down and tip toes are enough
but the goose would be cool 8)

I don't know much at Moto Guzzis, but I do think they're cool bikes and that seems like a decent price. Between the 550 and the 750, it depends on what you want to do. When you say put on some highway miles, do you mean long trips? Or just quick jaunts on the freeway to get from point A to point B? The CB550 is my favorite all-around bike, quick and nimble enough in the city, but will easily hold 80 on the freeway. CB750s are pretty great too, a little heavier and less nimble, but great to get on the freeway and go. Without seeing the bikes, seems like the best deal is the Guzzi, then the 750, then the 550.

As long as it is reliable, I would defo go with the Guzzi. Who doesn`t dream of owning an Italian bike? Additionally, they seem to make great Cafe racers if you decide to go that route at some point. Also seems like a good price. You wouldn`t find that bike in the Toronto area for that price from what I have seen.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q541/p1shannon/431990ce.jpg

Just my opinion, but if I was looking for something reliable and for longer rides, I would
look for something newer. For the price you're talking there are a lot of 10-15 year old
workhorses out there. But the Guzzi would be a fine bike.

warpedworm said:
Just my opinion, but if I was looking for something reliable and for longer rides, I would
look for something newer. For the price you're talking there are a lot of 10-15 year old
workhorses out there. But the Guzzi would be a fine bike.

I second that... nice to have a 2000ish goto bike in the stable....

I wish I had the money for this - it's overpriced but I'm sure he'd take $2500.. maybe for touring more like a bandit or a trimph sprint for that money...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/4550206486.html

Thanks so much for your input guys. I was leaning towards the Guzzi as well as it seemed like the best deal. Will have to see if the seller is willing to negotiate, I'll update with some pics if it comes through.

5a3a2ura.jpg

Here ya go. 2005 sv650 I picked up for 2800 bucks. Water cooled fuel injected perfect second bike

Back
Top Bottom