1971 CL175 cafe

Its in ok shape. Couple dings. Needs cleaned. Been sitting for a loooong time. Honestly, its probobly not worth your time.

That said, please don't cut that rd60 tank up. :)

im going to bring it back to life and just hold it on the bike until i can find a suitable replacement. It is a beautiful tank, i only need to widen the bottm out by an inch, i know a guy that can stretch it without cutting it

just lined the tank and im looking for a solderless nipple for my throttle cable, should throw up a video of it running and driving after that!

What was the problem why it wouldn't start? Was it the timing or just wasn't getting gas? That tank looks tits on it.

It will start, the carbs are running a little lean, so ill have to rejet them, but I'm working on getting the controls perfect so it makes tuning that much easier. After I get it running the way I want, I will start to work on the aesthetics.

So i drove the bike around for a couple of blocks. Got a problem now. Only runs with choke on and with it off it runs a little 'off'. Any ideas? I'm thinking it is lean.
BnctjH7l.jpg

My bikes and workshop
0wR3x0Sl.jpg

painted the tank and seat black, quick and dirty. I'll go over everything once it is running right
BnV1STXl.jpg

qXGFqiXl.jpg

my throttle for right now, ordered a couple of these:
ve00075.jpg

ANY IDEAS ON THE CRABS? it is the last step before i go overthin with a fine tooth comb

Check the spark plugs to find out if it's running lean.....That tank looks awesome on there did you end up widening it? or are you waiting to do that?

Ok so after much trial and error, i have found that the right cylinder is not firing as much as the left one. The left pipe is way hotter than the right and this may be the problem ive been looking to solve. I have reseated the intake mounts and gaskets to assure that there are NO airleaks. I have put in 105's now and needle is at 3rd position with mix screws at 2 turns out from closed. if anyone has this bike with similar carbs, what is your setup? I would like a baseline to start from, thanks. i hate carb tuning

Need to figure out what's happening with the right cylinder before worrying about dialing the carbs in.

I have to concentrate on school so I've sold the project. I got it as far as running and driving but low on power, I unfortunately dont have the time for a project of this size and would rather use a car right now, but i will also be on the look out for another project, hopefully get one thats already running.

Back
Top Bottom