Post a pic of your latest purchase

Update: 24 total shop hours from a truckload of parts to a rider!

Waiting on a new petcock, but I rode it with a Norton tank bungee'ed in place...

413027758.jpg

3 days ago, I sold an old Dunstall fairing for almost the cost to buy this bike, so it's like $150 net cost from start of assembly to road-ready. (not including the FREE pair of Cerwin-Vega PD-9 speakers!)

I had it over 60MPH in 3rd on our road, so I KNOW it'll EASILY do the ton in top gear on the open road.

Seeing as I've got no garage, and nowhere to do messy work in the flat, I'm about to push the "buy" button on one of these - a 3x3 mtr sided gazebo:

s-l1600.jpg

I'm not allowed to put up a permanent structure here, and there's stripping, painting and polishing I want to do - it comes with brace bars that I can use to hang light parts on for spraying. This way I can do a day's work on the bike and there'll be no trace I was there (apart from the clean spot where I wash down the flags before, during and after).

cbrianroll said:
86 ish yamaha xt250. New bike for the kids, got a few questions for the experts though....where is a good place to post questions for this bike???

http://yamaha-enduros.com/
You will probably recognize a few names there. ;)

a4cb50d36d39de45f927e0eb39cd953c.jpg

Picked up a rad old fiber glass rd400 tank and a Honda replica seat for the road racer project. Tank may not be street legal, but it only weighs a couple pounds, so the trade of is worth it ;)

hurco550 said:
Picked up a rad old fiber glass rd400 tank ... only weighs a couple pounds, so the trade of is worth it
OEM steel tank is only a couple of pounds; I don't get it...

grandpaul said:
OEM steel tank is only a couple of pounds; I don't get it...
Well I'll weigh it then, but it's lighter than a steel one is what I was saying.

Picked this up today, from a medical device manufacturing place. Come out of their engineering department. Ran aluminum prototypes, to the tune of less than 1,000 hours.

20161219_200057_zpslhyaozpx.png

J-Rod10 said:
Picked this up today, from a medical device manufacturing place. Come out of their engineering department. Ran aluminum prototypes, to the tune of less than 1,000 hours.

20161219_200057_zpslhyaozpx.png
Sounds almost to good to be true.. My old south bend book talks about lathes that are in good shape, referring to them as only used by "a little old lady who only used it to machine plastic I Sundays". Nice buy man

Surprisingly good machines coming out of places like that recently. Engineering whines (as engineers always do) about wanting to manufacture on site. Company buys machines, finds it's cheaper to send work out than pay a guy $100K a year that can program, set up, and run a machine.

hurco550 said:
a4cb50d36d39de45f927e0eb39cd953c.jpg

Picked up a rad old fiber glass rd400 tank and a Honda replica seat for the road racer project. Tank may not be street legal, but it only weighs a couple pounds, so the trade of is worth it ;)

:thumbup:

Got this Tool Box for $120. Needed something to keep all my mill tooling in, it was starting to pile up on my work benches and because I couldn't ever find the tooling I was looking for it was slowing me down. This toolbox has been a huge improvement. I purchased it a bit as petty revenge. I went into harbor freight to pickup one of those red rolling tool carts, I think they are $60 or $70. I took a slip to the register, the woman called a guy to bring the last one they had up to the register from the back, when he got up there a lady in line behind me thanked the guy and took the tool cart. I was royally pissed, I was standing at the register, and the girl at the register just shrugged her shoulders. So I went online and found this US General box, which is the same one Harbor Freight sells, but it was $40 cheaper than they sell them for.

vhmp1Qz.jpg

My new favorite thing hung in my shop.
On the bottom it says "if it ain't broke, it's about to be"
881202ffa0cb349db295ce28f7dcae64.jpg

Back
Top Bottom