1974 CB360 "Pickled"

I was able to get the chopstick out. :eek: Took extra time to clean all of the small holes and everything seems to be good. Still searching for a float, Exhaust joint collars and a different tank without epoxy on the inside. I need a few more odds and ends but this should get the bike on the road. I was thinking about a 2 into 1 exhaust while Im at it. I will be looking for a nice quiet exhaust.

CrazyPJ, I looked on the parts breakdown and wasn't able to find it. Do you know the part number? I had to tear apart the Stihl blower this evening so I got nothing done on the bike. Im taking off to a motorcycle salvage yard on Thursday to see what they might have for small things I could use. Tail lights, seats, tank, etc.

As far as I know it isn't sold as a separate part, only comes with new carb body, it's why I started making them.
Not sure how many people have needed them, maybe Trek97, mydlyfcrysis, and a few more
I made a few for CB360.com but I think he needed them for carbs he's working on?
I intended to modify this message but put a bunch of pics in the wrong place ::)
If you scroll back a bit you can see various carb pictures

I will get a set when I send my carbs down for the K&N mod. :) Hoping to get them all together this week so I can get them out to you. PM me your address if you get a second. Thanks

Yep, I forget who I've made them for, been quite a few last several years ;D
Have they stayed in place OK?

crazypj said:
Yep, I forget who I've made them for, been quite a few last several years ;D
Have they stayed in place OK?

Yep, still in there. Probably one of the few things on the bike I havent had to mess with. LOL

How do they fit? Just push them in? Trek97, Do you have a picture of them? Im interested to see what they are and what they do. Thanks

I think I found it on your thread. Looks like something that should work. Can you make it out of brass? On a different note, who could tell me what year scrambler exhaust would be a direct, or close to direct, bolt on to my bike. I really like the looks of them and found something that may work.

any 360 exhaust will bolt on. Try to find one as complete as possible, w brackets.

So that's the CL360 correct? I have several sets to look through and some are off of CL350's and some are off of CL360's. Has anyone been able to try the CL350 pipes for fitment? Thanks

Sonreir said:
Except the CJ. Different OD on the pipes. Takes different flanges.

Oops sorry yep you are right. I noticed that on Bromz CJ just the other day. thankyou for the detail correction.

Ok any CL360 will fit any CB360 and vice versa...CJ fits nothing.

..........................................the ports come out of the head at a different angle
CJ will fit as long as you have all the parts

Wont get out o check on the pipes until tomorrow. I looked for info on changing pads on my bike but I cant seem to find anything. Does anyone have a link to info on changing pads? I cant seem to get the one out of caliper side with the piston. the other is held in with a couple of bent wires correct? Thanks

Pads corroded in place are real common.
If you haven't drained system, just pump brake

Brakes were empty. I just ordered a master cylinder rebuild just to be safe. I wasn't sure if I would need the caliper rebuild. I just pulled the hard line off and there was clean fluid that came out. Im keeping my fingers crossed hoping they aren't shot. Any other ideas? Should good working calipers allow the pads to pretty much falll out?

Back
Top Bottom