building a better bol d'or - a n d DONE!

Re: building a better bol d'or (super sport for you north americans ;-) )

very nice man, i love the modern/retro ness of this project.

and love the forks.

Ahem. You have my attention sir!

I think I've abandoned my satin black scheme. I primed and base-coated my panels today, and I need to find out if the colour I'm after is also available as an acrylic. I'm not set up to spray 2K.
baseCoat.jpg

For those of you familiar with the model, you may notice I've filled the louvres in the side panels ;)

Just another 'point of difference'.

ian

Re: building a better bol d'or (on her own 2 feet)

Well, I finally got the rear tyre I was after, and it didn't take long to fit it. So now that we 're not ashamed of our rear-end...

rear.jpg

newBoots.jpg

cheers
ian

DAMN YOU!

There is nothing I want to do more right now then to be working on my bike... Too bad I'm away from home...

Otherwise the kick in the ass I need.

Mind taking a shot with your body parts just sitting on there? I know you've mocked it up already!

Basement rat said:
DAMN YOU!

There is nothing I want to do more right now then to be working on my bike... Too bad I'm away from home...

Otherwise the kick in the ass I need.

Mind taking a shot with your body parts just sitting on there? I know you've mocked it up already!

Well, to be honest, I haven't put the silver stuff on, because that's not the final cover, and I already know what the silver bikes looks like ;) If the weather clears up, I'll give it a shot for ya.

Hang in there fella, you'll get back to that thing in good time. I think mine has been dragging on for about a year now. I change my mind too much :-\

ian

Re: building a better bol d'or-new boots and panties ;-)

here you go. had to photoshop a torn seat, but you get the idea:

panels1.jpg

panels2.jpg

she's a beaut!

right on m'man.

Awesome work dude. I think I'll throw my 79 750K project in the dump now...

Spalding said:
Awesome work dude. I think I'll throw my 79 750K project in the dump now...

Not if it's the bike in your avatar! Love to see a write-up of it.-don't be shy ;)

ian

Basement rat said:
Looks OEM.

No, looks like an OEM to people who don't know shit about the bike! Which is cool to me! This is the way Honda would have made it if the technology had been there at the time of its production. This bike should handle much better that stock, have better apex acceleration, and have far less corner sway under power. All of this with classic looks = WINNER! I love the subtle styling and resto-mod design you have taken. I am in love with this bike! I think you could make it really cool if you use a OEM pait layout but with colors that the factory never offered! Or use a race paint job from that era Honda race bike!

Great work man, killer bike!

tWistedWheelz said:
I think you could make it really cool if you use a OEM pait layout but with colors that the factory never offered!

cool, thanks twisted. Yeah, that's the plan. I'm going to get a set of decals, but put 'em over some cool paint. much like I've done with my green bike posted earlier ;)

Ruffles a few purists' feathers but WTF ;D

cheers
ian

tWistedWheelz said:
No, looks like an OEM to people who don't know shit about the bike! Which is cool to me! This is the way Honda would have made it if the technology had been there at the time of its production. This bike should handle much better that stock, have better apex acceleration, and have far less corner sway under power. All of this with classic looks = WINNER! I love the subtle styling and resto-mod design you have taken. I am in love with this bike! I think you could make it really cool if you use a OEM pait layout but with colors that the factory never offered! Or use a race paint job from that era Honda race bike!

Thats what I ment, its just like Honda made a retro bike for 2010.

tWistedWheelz said:
No, looks like an OEM to people who don't know shit about the bike! Which is cool to me! This is the way Honda would have made it if the technology had been there at the time of its production.

I don't know - you could pretty easily mistake it for the later model 750:

bikepics-1750096-800.jpg

Great work though bikeboy ;)

nice project! I think you'll keep the purists at bay since that frame hasn't met a hacksaw ;D

midnightcafe said:
nice project! I think you'll keep the purists at bay since that frame hasn't met a hacksaw ;D

maybe, but I have welded a few bits on, including the once "removable" section ;D

bugger them I say ;)

ian

Back
Top Bottom