DT100 restomod

plagrone

Coast to Coast
Just bought a 1974 DT100 and I'm having trouble finding ANY info about it. Can't find manuals, builds, recommendations on what to mod, weak points/strong points, maintenance tips, etc.

Already replaced the old bars with pro-tapers, will soon be fixing the front wheel and replacing bearings...

Want some advice on engine tuning. Want to keep the stock pipe for now, but reeds, some porting maybe. I'm gonna find some of those good old books on two stroker tuning and read up a bit.

In desperate need of a wiring diagram

c79515905372897f6e0001dff174fd38.jpg
7b65ca39fc3de916c83e4e373ab0bad2.jpg
c1d2fe883d2315995a1df71d02a0aaa8.jpg
d56ebbffdcf8bdf2f6d163e6d15199de.jpg

I hate to say it, but after working almost exclusively on Hondas for the last couple years... I think I like Yamahas more. It seems like a lot of the hardware is higher quality, and parts of the design seem more eloquently thought out. Also, the engine casings on Yamahas just always look so rad

Check out http://yamaha-enduros.com/ for manuals and such. I'm just starting a 71 CT1 175 build.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I had one of these little Yamahas for a ride this fall...I was impressed that such a small machine could clip along so effortlessly.
Currently working on building a semi-cafe racer out of Suzuki's TC100 for a client. I'll be watching this one!

Really just working to get it how the lady wants it.

Got to get the tighter hugging fender off of a later model dt100 or the like, which involves getting new fork ends and probably front hub (haven't researched possible front end swaps).

Buying one of the cool OEM cargo racks that came on these bikes, and she wants me to do some paint, probably black. Looking to get a different crappy tank to do that with. Spotted an awesome old Hodaka tank at the junk yard that was rusty as hell but would probably polish up nicely

I'm usually not the one to complain about builds but this one seem to be close to mint! Might be that we didn't get them up north and it seems unusual but anyways I would go for restoration on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for digging this thread up... I am thinking of buying a DT100 tomorrow, for my wife to learn on. What kind of power do these have? I'm hoping it wont pull the front end up too easy. I had a dt250 that sure knew how to wheelie.

She should be ok on the DT100...although if she tries hard enough the front wheel will become airborne. The point is it's a nice light bike that is capable of topping out at well over 60mph. Great little woods bike, or commuter and perfect for a learner.

Look for the DT175 manual online. It has the DT100 in the manual. Print it out, keep it in the shop with a crappy old binder. You're set.

plagrone said:
I hate to say it, but after working almost exclusively on Hondas for the last couple years... I think I like Yamahas more. It seems like a lot of the hardware is higher quality, and parts of the design seem more eloquently thought out. Also, the engine casings on Yamahas just always look so rad

Yep. I'm a bit fan of the parts cross reference as well. A lot of stuff is still available for older bikes due to them using it on newer bikes. Little consumables like exhaust gaskets, rubbers, cables, etc.

Back
Top Bottom