'94 CB1000F Endurance Race-Rep

Ah nice, failed to notice that! Not bad company to be with. I have a certain kind of love affair with dual headlights, been kicking around the idea for this project...

I've been looking at aftermarket dual headlights to replace the one broken unit on my cbr900rr. I found this:

http://www.aztec8.com/catalog/c6_p1.html

I gotta say the single large headlight looks badass though!

I go back and forth daily on the direction I want to go in for the headlight situation. I like both styles but am leaning towards getting an endurance style half fairing so the headlights will have to accompany that. This is the stuff I'm into and the type of thing I'm going for:

BRSSuzukiGSXR_zpsf9d50f1f.jpg

20070803002441_zps8b7312b9.jpg

RS850R_zpseebd3fdc.jpg

I'm very open to opinions and ideas

Oh, its happening.

Mike, that last pic is pretty on target to what I'm aiming for. Cant decide if I want to use my seat or get one like the bike in that pic. Airtech sells that exact seat and this fairing:

hammer_north_zpsc643574b.jpg

hammer_bw_zps544477ab.jpg

Seats are tricky. they all look damn good.

I'm in the same boat with the full fairing R5. Tradition calls for a TD or TZ seat, but there are so many terrific options. Its tough...

Looking good! I am a huge fan of the old endurance racers! One note obout the air tech pics. They sell the hammer in the vintage section obviously you looked at it, but it is not the bike pictured!!!!!!! They sell the gsxr 1100/ xr41 hammer. Look closely at the pics of the actual fiberglass pieces, and I know because I bought them for some of my project.

bradwsm said:
Looking good! I am a huge fan of the old endurance racers! One note obout the air tech pics. They sell the hammer in the vintage section obviously you looked at it, but it is not the bike pictured!!!!!!! They sell the gsxr 1100/ xr41 hammer. Look closely at the pics of the actual fiberglass pieces, and I know because I bought them for some of my project.

I see what you're saying Brad. I also ran across your build on the GSXR forum (fantastic as always). Great to have a real life gauge on what the airtech part looks like fitted on a bike. I'd probably do a bit of trimming to shorten the lower cowls a bit. Have you come across any other top half fairings that have a similar style? I was also looking at their "Formula 1" full fairing, maybe they'll sell me just the top half.

F1F1.jpg

The formula 1 is nice I used that on my bandit 1200 I used the one with the 1 price lower.
Here is a pic.

DSC03732 by bradwsm, on Flickr
I have seen one, I will check my bookmarks. I know over here basementrat was doing a rs1000 tribute and he was able to find the correct upper. I will see if I can find it.

I think this one would be cool!
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/cheveroli.htm

Thanks! A British mag called practical sports bike did a little feature on it, so that was pretty cool! Sold it to build the gsxr. Here is a link to basement rats build.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=13948.msg135189#msg135189

oh, you mean this little mag?
photo8.jpg

To date my favorite magazine. Looks like I'll be hitting up Barnes n Noble tomorrow to see if they restocked...

Well this thread is doing its job, got a new fire burning under my ass, I'll try to take some shots of the front fender I've been working on tomorrow.

Also Brad, if you haven't run across it yet, check out http://whiskeyracer.blogspot.com/ Dude loves his endurance racers.

Stupid Hurricane getting in the way of my productivity...

anyhow, heres a quick recap of the fender process:

Got a 2000 GSXR 600 fender from the local salvage yard. Spotted this particular fender at work and hunted one down due to its very simple shape, so it would be easy to cut down and trim to my liking.
113651248270124suzuki_gsxr_600cc.jpeg

First chop fitment
DSCF1876.jpg

Little more chop and coat of spray bomb
IMG_1089.jpg

Looked a little too cut and dry for my taste so I cut a slight curve in the side. Made two mounting tabs, one wraps completely around the fork lower tube and the other secures to a caliper bolt. Fit some rubber off of a few pipe clamps and Bob's yer uncle, a nice tire hugging shorty fender. Its nice to ride down the road and not get splashed in the face by every little puddle you run over.
photo8-1.jpg

Also painted the speedo gauge cup textured black, little less eye-sore than bright plastic white.

Ive since put a few little decals on the fender but havent caught a pic of it yet. They'll be coming off anyways once I pick a color scheme for this thing...

Next up is deciding what to do with the side covers

bob.

Thanks dude, and yes, fun it is. Rode it to work yesterday 35 degrees F, 45 minute each way. It was a blast. Biggest thing getting in my way now is taking the plunge to not have a ridable bike in order to get into the nitty gritty on this beast. There's a small humanoid evacuating from my wife's stomach region in the next couple weeks though so I'll probably take that as a que to pack 'er in for the winter and start tearing down.

I think I've made a decision on fairing and headlight. Hopefully I can muster up some pretty pictures tomorrow to show ya what I'm thinking.

bob.

Interesting project. Awesome tank that is just begging for a CB1100R paint job IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom