My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

Your swingarm... I want to take it somewhere quiet and private, light some candles, and put on the Barry White.

Are the studs threaded in to the hub? Maybe LH threads? Just guessing. If you submerge the hub in water so that only one or two studs are exposed you can apply heat to the stud and avoid damage to the seals and bearing. Most likely the studs have plenty of red thread locker on them.

Ok I got the oxy/acetylene out and that did the trick. The studs have an interference fit on them plus there was some kind of threadlocker on them. I also managed to save the seal and bearing! Hopefully I'll get it machined down tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCN1844.JPG
    DSCN1844.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 260

I'm thinking of modeling my seat unit and gas tank on the ones in these pics. This is the fun part!

Attachments

• kr2502.jpg
    kr2502.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 241
  • mead t20.jpg
    mead t20.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 273

Nice looking units. I like those. By the way...what is the wheel base on your bike now? I'd like to compare that to the monoshock T500 I am doing.

zooke581 said:
Nice looking units. I like those. By the way...what is the wheel base on your bike now? I'd like to compare that to the monoshock T500 I am doing.

Wheel base is a nominal 55" compared to stock which I think is around 57".

I was hoping for that but mine will be the same a stock. The rake and trail will be better though and that will help in handling.

Here is where I'm at right now. I have the tank base pattern sitting on the frame. It'll probably be a while before I get much progress as it's going to take many hours to form the tank and tail.

Attachments

• update.JPG
    update.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 273
  • update 2.JPG
    update 2.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 251

sxecafe said:
You looking to glass that yourself?
I plan to make it from Aluminum. The pic is just the inspiration so what I end up with is likely to be a bit different.

Made a pattern tank today based on the Meadspeed T20 tank I posted earlier. Really I don't like the look at this point. For sure the tank is too tall and also it seems too wide at the front (next to the forks). I think I'll remove the bottom layer and slim the front down a little and see how it looks but I am leaning toward figuring out a different design altogether.

Attachments

• Tank 1.JPG
    Tank 1.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 276
  • Tank 2.JPG
    Tank 2.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Tank 3.JPG
    Tank 3.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 286

Wow....dunno if I've seen this pone *post* before but I'll be going back to the beginning.
Very cool......

edit: FUCKING AUTOCORECT! Bane of my existence......WTF!!!? is 'pone'?

Agreed on the tank.

Im going back to page 1 also and reading through.

I can see what you mean about the tank but still has a very nice look to it ! Very nice dude !

I think it looks good as is. The only thing is it might look a little wide on the front portion, at the bottom but thats it. In the end you have to do what looks right to you. I cant imagine anything much worse then coming out to a finished bike and thinking every time "Why did i not fix (insert dissatisfaction here)"

none the less great build.

ffjmoore said:
I think it looks good as is. The only thing is it might look a little wide on the front portion, at the bottom but thats it. In the end you have to do what looks right to you. I cant imagine anything much worse then coming out to a finished bike and thinking every time "Why did i not fix (insert dissatisfaction here)"

none the less great build.
Thanks. I am working on a different version today.

What is that green bike in your avatar! I'd like to see a big pic, the paint job looks wicked.

Back
Top Bottom