My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (Finished Video & Pics!)

johnu said:
Making progress, rode the bike a little today but still not ready for video yet ;) It's been a long time since I rode a two stroke street bike, I am loving it already :)

Envious of this...I have never owned/ridden a smoker street bike. If I ever find a T500, I'm gonna be all over it!!

Re: Re: My Suzi T500 Project (Finished Video & Pics!)

johnu said:
Making progress, rode the bike a little today but still not ready for video yet ;) It's been a long time since I rode a two stroke street bike, I am loving it already :)

Ya I'm thinking I need one in my collection. I had a enduro 2t buts it's not the Just same. I worry about those flakey oil pumps that plague many Street 2t's.

I've had many (Yamaha mainly) strokers; never had trouble with an oil pump!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
I've had many (Yamaha mainly) strokers; never had trouble with an oil pump!

Crazy

can you nix the pump and run premix in these?

Re: Re: My Suzi T500 Project (Finished Video & Pics!)

HollywoodMX said:
Yup. You either Disable or delete the oil pump.

OH NO you should not do that the crank bearings will not last :( the oil injection system on a Suzuki is the best of the big four and very reliable 8) more reliable than the info on there failures ;D

Hey Hollywood is that your TC can you post some pics ;) been looking for one for years to complete my turbo bike collection but hard to find one at a price I can handle :'(

Zookrocker said:
can you nix the pump and run premix in these?

On a Yamaha twin you can, but not on Suzukis. Suzuki fit small metal disks on the crank which act as oil slingers to get oil into the big ends. When the pump is missing, those steel disks act as shields and prevent oil mist from getting into the bearings. To run a Suzuki on pre-mix you have to strip and modify the crankshaft first and then drill the crankcases to get oil into the big eds.

teazer said:
On a Yamaha twin you can, but not on Suzukis. Suzuki fit small metal disks on the crank which act as oil slingers to get oil into the big ends. When the pump is missing, those steel disks act as shields and prevent oil mist from getting into the bearings. To run a Suzuki on pre-mix you have to strip and modify the crankshaft first and then drill the crankcases to get oil into the big eds.

Exactly teazer and kawis also ;)

Re: Re: Re: My Suzi T500 Project (Finished Video & Pics!)

cobraace2 said:
OH NO you should not do that the crank bearings will not last :( the oil injection system on a Suzuki is the best of the big four and very reliable 8) more reliable than the info on there failures ;D

My bad then. I know on the older dirt bikes with oil injection you could disable it.

cobraace2 said:
Hey Hollywood is that your TC can you post some pics ;) been looking for one for years to complete my turbo bike collection but hard to find one at a price I can handle :'(

I don't have a TC. Would be nice though. I have a kz1000 with rare drouin kit.

I just ordered a bunch of copper washers for all of my oil lines still can't get rid of the air bubbles. I wish these 500's could run on premix (that was my original plan until advised not to).

Try Stat-O-Seals from Grainger or your local supply store. Are you sure that the banjo check valves are sealing properly and not allowing crankcase pressure to push oil and air back up teh lines?

My Suzi T500 Project (Finished Video & Pics!)

Go with the stat seals Teazer recomended. I use them on mine. Have you checked the lines for potential holes where they are glued to the banjos and check valves? There are 6 potential leak connections on each line in the glued sections.

cobraace2 said:
John is your oil tank vented?

It is! I am going to get some of those Stat o Seals for the banjo's.

Back
Top Bottom