79 CB750K RCB Clone-ish. On the road.

Re: 79 CB750K RCB Clone-ish

Basement rat said:
Anyone gotta suggestion for mirrors? Im running bar end signals and the OEM just look bad.

I was actually just going to ask you about those bar end signals...Are they easy to wire up/do they need resistors at all? I'm looking to get a pair for myself. As for the mirrors, I was thinking of sliding my grips in another inch or so and installing these in between the bar end signal and the grip: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-caferacer-cafe-racer-bobber-chopper-brat-custom-motorcycle-crg-barend-black-hindsight-mirror-bs-100.html

It seems like it would be the most streamlined way to go about doing it.

Hmmm, Not a bad idea!

As far as i know, I need the resistors. I got them from RCC too.

So, It only took me about three days on and off but its as good as its gonna get!

I started off with this:

DSC_0100.jpg

After I tapped out and went for help to an old guy who taught me how to use and let me borrow this:

DSC_0099.jpg

Its about .01 +/- on both axis. I need to grind down the end of the spokes, tape the rim, get a tube then mount my tire!

I recentley moved to a house with a garage! (the name change) half the bike is in boxes in a corner of the garage. I took some pictures, might have them up in a day or three.

Got some resistors for my LED signals, fixed the crack in the jug case and am on the fence about building a new swinger myself. Im playing with welding jig ideas right now.

Got a hex head bolt kit from flea bay.

I need to order some of those mirrors too.

I may be going away for a while so the bike may not even make this summer!:(

Anyone know about a 900 cam swap? Do I need new lifters? I have the cams and all that good stuff in a box from my 900C parts engine. is it just as straight forward as replacing the 750 ones?

find some 900 carbs, fit'em, and go. cams go right in. do a valve adjust of coures...

So... No pictures (I'm buying a welding helmet tonight and cant afford a camera...) but my rear wheel is all togther less balancing. I used the Olde Schoole method of screw drivers, I had four going at one time! Things were going great, the first half of the tire was almost on the rim, then Foop, it was on and JUST as it went foop, I though "This is a directional tire... I got a 50/50 chance... SHIT!" off she came (much more fun then on) and once it was off, back on again in the right direction.

I also started making my clamps for my head light last night and will hopefully make my brackets tonight.

I'm eyeing my cylinders for install this week/ end after a clean and paint.

I need to figure where to get valve shims for my 900 cam swap. Bueller?

Helmet is great!

Was soda blasting my cylinders and my compressor seized... Woot... Gotta find a new one now.

I officialy have a roller! Im using my old swinger for now, there is something special brewing in the back ground. I'm thinking about some of the Ram shocks BC is working on.

I'm going to try to get some pictures for tomorow.

Garage Rat said:
BC, Hoof, you reading this?

Yup, I'm following you. Jealous of all the space you have. Last week I had a small water leak on one of the sink pipes on the RV. Shinnied under to fix it and found another chunk of salt from last year. Thought I had washed it all out.

I've got one of 'Bill's Bag-o-Bonneville' myself!
I'm making a little display for the shop......

It's not everyday that one gets a small chunk of a speed record!

I got my cylinders painted an on last night, I will see if I can figure out how to uploat a pic from my Uber phone.

So, at the speed of a raging glacier...

I started installing my head and noticed a little oil leak... Something did'nt sit properley and now I need to drop another $80 on a base and head gasket... Joy of Joys... I know why guys like Harleys about now.

DSC_00043.jpg

I wipe the oil, it seeps, wipe, seep...

Up untill then,

DSC_00023.jpg

And a little forward progress on the controlls,

DSC_00033.jpg

And because I love my shop...

DSC_00013.jpg

DSC_00052.jpg

Today I dropped my front end about 1.75". I dont think I can go any more without my shocks hitting my tree. I also tried my clipons above my upper and it just looks dumb... So I put them below again.

I also started working on my tank skin again. This is a picture of the piece I made from my mould. Need to trim, sand, fill, glue to my tank when I figure out exactley I want it then fill some more to clean it all up.

In combination of dropping the front end I placed a 1" piece of plywood under my rear wheel to simulate longer shocks. It helps the stance a little...

DSC_00035.jpg

I'm not feeling that fly screen... I want to find an 80's GSXR or similar double like this:

suzuki_gsxr_1100_1990_tuning_8.jpg

Air tech has cheep enough, I may even mount my lights externally:

EC0050.jpg

I could almost buy another bike for what it would cost to piece one togther off ebay. Can anyone help?

Re: 79 CB750K RCB Clone-ish ENGINE IN!

One step at a time... I couldent help but need to do something big for feel of lack of getting anywhere. I still need new valve shims and to replace some oil seals for the sprocket and gear shifter but!

IMAG01591.jpg

What a PITA that engine was!

I got all the bolts in the engine tonight. Not all 100% tight but in.

IMAG01611.jpg

I think my seat needs to go a little lower or something.

Ideas?

The seat will have to work with the back end of the tank. That will tend to dictate whether it needs to be lower. I'd use 3/4" foam though.

Back
Top Bottom