BILTWELL BUBBLE SHIELD WORTH IT???? THOUGHTS??

getindachoppa

Been Around the Block
OKAY SO I BOUGHT A BILTWELL BUBBLE SHIELD AWHILE BACK FOR MY 3/4 HELMET. IT WORKED GOOD AND LOOKED GOOD FOR ABOUT A COUPLE OF MONTHS. THAN IT STARTED TO POP OFF MY BELL 500 HELMET. I WOULD JUST SNAP IT BACK ON EVERY ONCE AND AWHILE AND RIDE ON. ONE DAY WHILE CROSSING A BRIDGE I HAD TO CHANGE LANES AND THREW MY HEAD OVER MY SHOULDER AND POP! THE FUCKER CAME RIGHT OFF AND LANDED IN THE DRINK! THAT SUCKS NOW IM BLIND! ALMOST WRECKED MY DAMN BIKE BECAUSE OF IT. WHATS THE DEAL? SO I CONTACTED BILTWELL ABOUT IT AND THEY DIDNT RESPOND BACK TO ME.

SO BILTWELL BUBBLE SHIELDS NOT WORTH A DAMN NOW? ANYBODY ELSE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM?

Attachments

• bv-mir-00-sd_1_copy_1.jpg
    bv-mir-00-sd_1_copy_1.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 8,739
I have this 3/4 helmet and it has a pull down shield. It is very sturdy and looks pretty good to. Also you can take the shield off if you want.

Attachments

• 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,714
looking at the biltwell again that is a shit design with only the three snaps up top :eek:
kant expect that to stay on at all unless yer sitting behind a full tall windscreen :eek:
they should have incorperated the 4th and 5th side snaps doh !

Weatherstripping foam tape. I use it behind all my 3 snap accessories. Cuts any rattling, lessens movement on the snaps, completely stops any whistling between helmet and accessory. My 3 snap face shield stayed attached when I crashed in 2008, a wreck that broke the ball off my left shoulder and broke the ball into 4 distinct pieces...

getindachoppa said:
I DONT KNOW.. IM WATCHING PHANTASM RIGHT NOW HA HA HA. ANYBODY REMEMBER THAT MOVIE?

My favourite childhood horror movie. Watching it again.

You're marrying Biltwell snaps and Bell snaps. While they should work together, there's no telling if the two are perfectly designed to work well with each other.

Get a Bell shield for the Bell helmet.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-custom-500-retro-3-snap-shield

I just read this and though:
Shit this guy's back, i thought he got his 100 and bailed.

Turns out this post is just old.

I've owned 3 shields on two Bell helmets with no issues. I try not to remove them much with the fear of wearing out the snaps.

Back
Top Bottom