Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )

Re: Out in a field Build ... The Sock Monkey

Your build never fails to make me jealous. Beautiful work.

Spent time in the shop over the weekend and changed a few things. After getting the rear caliper on which is gold and steping back the red just wasnt doing it . So off it came and all repolished and mounted back up .
a44-1.jpg

I also polished up the new rear spacer and got it mounted !
a45.jpg

asda.jpg

tic... tic... tic... tic... mid ohio will not wait haha looking good man

Not alot going on as im waiting on a SV650 front caliper and its almost turkey day . So i took the time and made a shock compress to pull the shocks apart. I did it because i wanted to clean them and take the top cover off the shocks. After looking online i came up with this .... Not perfect but worked perfect for what i needed....
shockdecom.jpg

Well minus 2 things the back brake is done now onto the front ! Picked up a SV650 caliper for the front and have to say its fit the bill . Everything in the picks are just kinda bolted on and need to be centered and hanger,space made . Just have it hanging there to look at fit and that the caliper wont hit the mags . First of the week will start on that stuff and by the look of it the caliper will just need painting as its in good working order .....
abss.png

abs.jpg

Well, haven't read every post, but just looking att the pics make me wounder if I will go for bobbing mine XS. Your bike look amazing, actually didn't think some could build such a good looking cafe racer out of a xs 500!
Great work man!

Thanks everyone !

Pattheswede said:
Well, haven't read every post, but just looking att the pics make me wounder if I will go for bobbing mine XS. Your bike look amazing, actually didn't think some could build such a good looking cafe racer out of a xs 500!
Great work man!

After seeing your metal skill and wishing i had them really looking forward to that build and what you do with it !

Yes. Should be riding this summer for sure.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Need to do some tuning as its getting way to much air ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw97bhWP6dw&feature=player_embedded

Need to do some adjusting but its a runner !!!!

VonYinzer said:
Fuck yeah buddy!!!!

Now turbo charge it!

LOL thank guys and can you few on the turbo so i can get what i have running good !! i know Brad is putting you up too it LOL LOL !!!

two-smoker said:
Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh......
Thank you sir now its your turn to get another 500 up and kicking !!!

Back
Top Bottom